Anyone get one of these (CL1H V4- NOHS (No Hotspot))?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
woah, cool! never seen that before.. hmm.. a normal diffusor would still have a slight hotspot.. wonder how heavy that one is, and how many lumens are lost.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I wonder if they are using an aspheric lens to achieve that effect.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Lights with this kind of "orb" beam profile are very handy, but you may as well have the MC-E emitter if no hotspot is needed/available..

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I have a Nuwai Q3 that I made with this type of beam profile. Basically you stick an aspheric lens in front of it at about 1/4 the FL and the beam will look just like that, perfect, even, no hotspot and no artifacts. I thought something was wrong the first time I found out how to make it happen.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Intersted to see what these actually look like. If they don't trap any lumens, I'd be in for one, if they could be ordered without a pill or new light.

:thumbsup:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's like a giant Mule:)
I'd like to see the brightness compared to other lights with a diffuser. The beamshot doesn't tell much, since it looks like just about any light with the reflector removed.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
An LED with a reflector removed will emit almost 180 degrees. An LED with an optic like this one will give you a uniform cone of light with some direction. My Q3 has about a 60 degree cone. So no, its not like any light with the reflector removed.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not with the bezel in place, so yes, the beamshot is EXACTLY like a light with the reflector removed.

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
I guess that they should post a few photos of the lights head and if any optic or whatever they use to make the beam profile look like that.

To me it does look like the light without the reflector.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are not offering an upgrade to standard CL1H V4 owners yet.
:popcorn:

Most collimating optics such as Fraen will produce that kind of beam.
I wonder what the beam angle is?
Many flashlights in the past with that kind of beam is useless because the beam angle is too narrow (all hotspot, no spill).

Last edited:

jahxman

Enlightened
I have one of these.

The "reflector" is aluminum that has been painted black, it seems.

The optic is similar to a typical magnifying glass.

together they produce a beam which is a well defined circle of even light, and it is about 25 inches across at one meter.

I'll try to take some pictures later when I have time.

ichoderso

Enlightened
this would be very nice:wave:
side by side with a "normal" cree light on a wall and in a room or outdoor....

Jens

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like my focusable dx light, I love the perfectly even beam!

corvettesR1

Enlightened
While looking around yesterday ,I came across those. .It seems to be a very interesting light . I book marked it and may pick one up in the near future .Im glad to see someone has posted a thread about them here.

jahxman

Enlightened
Here's an animated GIF of the same sequence of beamshots from the above link, first the NOHS, then M30WF, then M60W MC-E:
1ba25edc58.gif