Rechargeable Flashlight

mig

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to find a flashlight which has the ability to charge itself in the car using the cigarette lighter socket. Preferably something that can be plugged directly into the flashlight without having to remove the batteries to charge. It also needs to be handheld, no bulky spotlights and has a decent amount of lumen's (100+). Any recommendations would be great, as i cant seem to find anything like this.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
also dont have one ready atm,
but You could try with searching for light with "charging cradle"
... think they all usually feature wall and car plug (?)

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The Dorcy 220 lumen rechargeable LED flashlight fits your criteria perfectly. It comes with a standard AC charger and a car adaptor charger. The battery does not have to be taken out of the light to be charged.

This light has a charging port on the body located near the front.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are lights like you looking for, on ebay, small pbly 2" long plugs directly into cars' 12v outlet.
there are also many flashlights that have 12v charging cradle, magcharger, streamlight, sf...ect.

fishx65

Enlightened
I 2nd the Dorcy 220 lumen. It's an awesome torch and would be perfect for your application. It can be ordered from Dorcydirect.com with shipping for $39.99. Make sure to use the discount code: "candle". A search for Dorcy 220 lumen will show you a lot of info on this torch. It's a heck of a thrower with good spill!

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are lights like you looking for, on ebay, small pbly 2" long plugs directly into cars' 12v outlet.

These lights utilize a single nichia LED and output around 28Lm (OP stated they required around 100Lm) ;)

I 2nd the Dorcy 220 lumen. It's an awesome torch and would be perfect for your application.

I have to admit it's a relatively handsome looking light, definitely one of the better rechargeable LED offerings out there (I had forgotten about this unit) :thumbsup:

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this may be what you're looking for.

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_Strion_LED_Rechargeable_Flashlight_C4.php

Streamlight Strion LED Rechargeable Flashlight C4

• brightness & run time:
High - 160 lumens, up to 2 hours
Medium - 80 lumens, up to 4 hours
Low - 40 lumens, up to 7.5 hours
Disorienting Strobe - runs for up to 5.5 hours

• multi-function, push-button tactical style tail switch for one-handed operation
• tailcap rotates for "SAFE" position to prevent accidental activation
• measures 5.9" long with a head diameter of 1.25"
• weighs 5.2 oz with the battery
• water resistant, IPX4 rated

My .02 FWIW YMMV

mig

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great suggestions all. Problem now is to choose one :D. They all look fantastic.

Howecollc

Enlightened
MagCharger, which can be had for $89 or less if you look around. This is by far the most bang for the buck, and the charging cradle has a firmer grip than a pro arm-wrestler. You'll never see a promotional picture of a Streamlight from an angle showing the charging connector because it sticks out of the side of the light like a cancerous growth. The MagCharger is as smooth as any Mag, with the two silver rings being the only visible difference. If the Mag is too big for you, I also recommend the Inova T4.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
The brightest compact handheld out of them all is the Sunlite Eagle 8w, at 300 lumens. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

They are designed for Law Enforcement, so safety, durability, and ease of use is their top priority. Here it is charging on my dresser.....and the car charger comes separately...

f_DSC1275m_fbba02d.jpg

The Stinger LED is another decent choice. Fairly bigger than the Eagle 8w...but it does have a car charger and a brightness of 190 lumens.
f_DSC1276m_be165d7.jpg