Local newspaper story about walking at night

computernut

Enlightened
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I threw in my 2cents, posted as "AA".

The article has today's date on it "JULY 23, 2009", Sgt.LED

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Animal Mother

July 23, 2009 - 12:50 PM
Flag this as Inappropriate

If you bring an umbrella when there is 80% chane of rain why not buy a good flashlight? There is a 100% chance of darkness every night.

Okay confess, which one of you wrote that? :D

Patriot

Flashaholic
That was torturous to read through...:crazy: It' makes me want to start a series of articles with questions to obvious answers like, "How can I possibly shave without water and shaving cream? Ah...an electric razor. Or, "What to do about this dilemma of waking up on time every morning"..... erm, an alarm clock?

Portable personal lighting? Three guesses Mr. Denley. ;) "shout it right out when you know it" as Joe Peshi says to a witness during a courtroom scene in My Cousin Vinny.

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Its amazing how that man can write up SO much on one little topic yet I dont see the word flashlight anywhere in it even though the title is "A walk in the dark..." Umm well, darkness happens? I hope he never comes to my town. I dont think we have any street lights? Allthough I do have a few 1- lumen solar powered walkway lights scattered around the yard but those just add to the light polution I think ;)

That was torturous to read through...:crazy: It' makes me want to start a series of articles with questions to obvious answers like, "How can I possibly shave without water and shaving cream? Ah...an electric razor. Or, "What to do about this dilemma of waking up on time every morning"..... erm, an alarm clock?

Portable personal lighting? Three guesses Mr. Denley. ;) "shout it right out when you know it" as Joe Peshi says to a witness during a courtroom scene in My Cousin Vinny.

:crackup:

Bushman5

Enlightened
comment added :devil: (should be up in a few minutes or three)

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Mr. Denley just does not want to be personally responsible for his own personal safety. Damit! The State should be responsible for it!
Where's the bread line? I'm hungry.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think Mr. Denley just does not want to be personally responsible for his own personal safety. Damit! The State should be responsible for it!
Where's the bread line? I'm hungry.

LOL!!!!!! :laughing:

By the same token he complains about the lack of light in a remote area, he could write an article about hydration and his surprise to discover that NCC didn't provide drinking fountains. Afterall, why should he have to think about carrying a water bottle with him? Isn't that someone else's responsibility? Can't I just pay taxes and leave that for someone else to think about? :ironic:

gsxrac

Enlightened
HAHA I just read everybody comments. Maybe that guy will read them and think "... MAN why didnt I think of that!?" Lets see if we have a new member join tomorrow and post a thread "Need first flashlight, mainly needed for walking down dark paths in the city has to be small enough to fit in a pocket or on a keychain" Ohh yea almost forgot "Must be able to throw 2 miles and light up an entire football field at once with a runtime of 5+hours and I want to stay between $15-$30"

Last edited:

hiker123

Newly Enlightened
The comments were funny - the article well... hopefully it was just a setup for the comments.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL!!!!!! :laughing:

By the same token he complains about the lack of light in a remote area, he could write an article about hydration and his surprise to discover that NCC didn't provide drinking fountains.
Well, there is a river right beside the path he is griping about, but you'd have to be pretty desperate to drink from it though :eek:

The comments were funny - the article well... hopefully it was just a setup for the comments.
No, most of his articles are like that.
That's why I referred to him as the newspapers resident curmudgeon :D

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAHA I just read everybody comments. Maybe that guy will read them and think "... MAN why didnt I think of that!?" Lets see if we have a new member join tomorrow and post a thread "Need first flashlight, mainly needed for walking down dark paths in the city has to be small enough to fit in a pocket or on a keychain" Ohh yea almost forgot "Must be able to throw 2 miles and light up an entire football field at once with a runtime of 5+hours and I want to stay between $15-$30"

hahaha, don't forget it must run forever off ONE single alkaline AA

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what that area is like, but the comment from the person who found him(her?) self "lost in the wooded area" while trying to get to a bus stop had me scratching my head. I mean, did the person just plunge off into a pitch dark area trying to take a shortcut?? :thinking: