LED Head light???

jawnn

Enlightened
Is there an LED car or motor cycle head lamp? 12 volt 1000 or 2000 lumins? I need a beam wide enough to see the road at 20 ft.

this is not to fit any specific vehichle....I want to put it on my trike.

Last edited:

clint357

Newly Enlightened
If you're willing to try one of mine, I'll give it to you for materials cost only. $75 for the light and around $50 for a battery setup. It also has low medium and high so you won't blind people.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
At brightnesses that bright I think you may be better off with HID, no doubt you're not going to wanna build a multi emitter MC-E monster as it would be prohibitively expensive to get as many emitters and lenses (reflector based would only blind everyone around you) as you'll need to keep it efficient. Overdriving a few MC-E's will net you less efficiency than an HID so that's probably not a good idea either in terms of longevity of the led and power consumption.

clint357

Newly Enlightened
At brightnesses that bright I think you may be better off with HID, no doubt you're not going to wanna build a multi emitter MC-E monster as it would be prohibitively expensive to get as many emitters and lenses (reflector based would only blind everyone around you) as you'll need to keep it efficient. Overdriving a few MC-E's will net you less efficiency than an HID so that's probably not a good idea either in terms of longevity of the led and power consumption.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/247227

firemedic281

Newly Enlightened
to bring up an old post, I've used the 24v Mil-spec Trucklite LED headlights on a truck I'm restoring, and while a major improvement on the sealed-beam junk, I'm not totoally impressed with them.