Possible Fake Surefire E2D Defender (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptr10001

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post so to start with hi everyone, seems like a great site and good community, hopefully I will be able to contribute in the future.

At the moment however I would like some advice if possible.

I have just bought a Surefire Defender E2D Executive Defender, however it looks different to other photos I have seen on this site and on the internet. The logo faces the wrong direction and the writing E2D Executive Defender appears different to on other ones I have seen pictures of.

All the parts seem interchangable with an Executive Elite E2e I have, also the output and throw seem exactly the same.

Anyway I am posting some photos and would value opinions on whether this is a genuine model or not?

Photos below:-

ADSCN5475.jpg

ADSCN5476.jpg

ADSCN5485.jpg

ADSCN5487.jpg

ADSCN5488.jpg

ADSCN5489.jpg

ADSCN5480.jpg

ADSCN5481.jpg

ADSCN5483.jpg

ADSCN5484.jpg

ADSCN5485.jpg

ADSCN5484.jpg

If I have put this post in the wrong place or done anything wrong it was unintentional, so moderators please feel free to fix any of my errors

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, ptr10001.

Your E2D looks fine to me. In fact, it's exactly like mine, with identical printing and logo orientation.

ptr10001

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply.

Thats a relief.

Why is it that the ones on the Surefire site look different? Do they do different models for different countries?

I am in the United Kingdom by the way

DM51

Flashaholic
SF change their logo orientation and designs slightly from time to time.

On the SF website, if you go to the E2D page and click on the "view larger image" of the top E2D photo, you will actually see the old model of the E2D, with flat panels. The newer ones are like yours and mine (I've had mine for ~2 years, which is new in SF terms, lol)

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 with what DM51 said. Your E2D is perfectly fine and genuine (looks like mine as well). I have seen variations of etching on the same lights also. I have three A2's and they are not all the same with their etchings either. Same with some other E-series bodies like the E2D as well as the U2, P and C series, etc...

It's just par for the course and quite normal for Surefire.

Gitlaa

Newly Enlightened
Hahahaha thats funny my first post on cpf was exactly the same. I just bought a e2d from ebay and the logos were backwards according to the surefire website. Anyway welcome to cpf

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Looks like a genuine E2D to me.

BTW, I like that older style E2E of yours.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
very easy: play with bezel, body and tailcap, often.
When screwing off/on the parts feels "nice", than it is an original,
if it feels awful, then its a fake

PS: the ONLY other products that are in the same league, are Inova's T models and leef parts.
My preferred Jetbeam, Fenix, Mag, ..., all are worse - but still really good.
Real fakes are just boring and one does not want to use them any more, when one once had better makes with threads, even when the according lights are (surprisingly) running

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Looks good to me too!

Don't worry - if you stick around here for a while you will have many more Surefire's to compare it with.....

Oh and :welcome: from another Brit!

Pete.

ddac

Newly Enlightened
What head is that? My E2D has a "KX2" head. It says CE on it as well. My head doesn't have the spikes. Hmmmm.....

Do I have a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts