Introducing 3D tritium...

jhanko

Enlightened
Many nights I lie awake, thinking of innovative things to do with flashlights. Most of the time I wake up in the morning and realise it wasn't a good idea, or it won't work. Here's one that hit the jackpot. I've always loved tritium but always thought that there had to be a better way that just milling a slot and gluing it in, and there is. It's beautiful & fascinating. Almost hypnotic. You never get tired of looking at it. The machining is a pain in the ***, but worth it. The pics and video really don't give the full effect, as your eyes aren't forced to focus to different depths, but you'll get the general idea. Here it is!

Link to video.

blue3d01.jpg

blue3d02.jpg

blue3d03.jpg

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I've thought about this before...aligning tritium around an pedestal, then take a reflector and drill out a hole comparable to the pedestal and mount it slightly below...if the reflector is a little lop-sided then you could have unique styles for each light modified:whistle:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Guys, I have had one of these for about a month now, with a second on the way!!

I would take pics, but it looks just like Jeff's, he is a WAY better photographer than I. :crackup:

I have had lots of Ti lights in my 5 year hobby of flashaholism. But Jeff's Ti ranks at the top of my list. The threads are silkier than silk its self. Bone dry, the threads still feel smooth. The light is thinner than most, so I always end up grabbing it, you dont know its there until you need it. Big plus IMO.

The 14 vials of tritium are just too cool for school. :thumbsup:

Jeff Hanko is not kidding when he said you can stare at it for hours, guilty as charged!!

I think this is one of the most innovative and creative designs that has come down the line in a while.

There is only so much you can do with a cylindrical flashlight, but Jeff knocked it out of the park on this one!!! :rock:

This is absolutley worth every penny folks, if you can get your hands on one. Each light takes many many hours. :naughty:

But like all quality items, good things come to those who wait!! :party:

jhanko

Enlightened
:wow:Thats Cool, is this something your going to offer.

Yes, but on a limited, one at a time basis. I make these on a manual lathe/mill, so there will be no "run".

I have had lots of Ti lights in my 5 year hobby of flashaholism. But Jeff's Ti ranks at the top of my list.

Thanks for the bump and kind words. You definitely know quality work when you see it. :crackup:

Impressive. :twothumbs

Is it still PD?

Yes, it still operates exactly like a stock D10.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I want one in green! :twothumbs Just tell me how much.

But does it have to be a D10? Can you do the CR123 version?
That would be so awesome.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
..WOW..... I thought I commented on this hours ago..huh.. must have been staring so much, my fingers missed the post button.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very...did I mention VERY nice!

THat must take you forever on the manual! Looks to be well worth it, though.