Malkoff        
Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154157158159160161162163164
Results 4,891 to 4,911 of 4911

Thread: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

I see we have some things in common!
    I maintain a fairly minimal flashlight selection(all Malkoff and Zebralight 'til the EDC01), but was just thinking of all the lights I've given friends and family over the years.
    If I searched my parents' house, I could have a "progression of the modern flashlight" display or something, from modded Dorcy 1AAAs and MiniMags with 5mm LEDs up to the current SST-20s, with everything from low dome Luxeons through multiple variations of Crees in between.
    They've probably got twice as many as I do, but here I am thinking "what if Mom&Dad need a flashlight?", and buying them two more

Flashaholic*

Manker E14 III neutral white from GoingGear.com.

Replacement for my current Olight S1R II Ti neutral white..

Acebeam K75. Because I wanted it
    My flashlight is bigger than yours...

just picked up a nitecore br25 bike light with a little different reflector to help keep the light on the ground and not up in someone's eyes. have not tried it out yet on the bike. i did walk it around a little and it appeared to work as described.
    it's just different on my planet..

Wukkos WK30 white/red/UV

Looking for something that was floody, good beam, good color rendition and a long run time. For use in a cave or for urban exploring or ghost hunting. . . OK, just kidding about the ghost hunting. Everyone knows you need a cool white beam with a lot of throw for ghost hunting. . .
    Last edited by wjv; 04-12-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    Bill
    Pacific NW

Last purchase was a Streamlight Macrostream and Microstream USB. I was looking for a certain sized work like for checking in crevices in areas where there was already significant lighting. My DX3 was too nice for dirty tasks. My Nitecore RCR123 light was a little too clunky (Dc'ed model), and my 18650 ET was just a little too big. I wanted something easy to hold onto when crawling around, yet small enough to fit in my back pocket with my notepad.

The Microstream USB seems very handy for a minimalist light, but the Macrostream just works, has plenty of light, feels secure in the hand while in some awkward position, I don't worry about it accumulating scratches like my Ti DX3, it has decent run time, I can charge it on site or in the car without a dedicated charger, and the simple 2 mode operation with hi from off and a low that is fine for path lighting or finding the right key on me keychain at night works well for my purposes.

Dang

Those Vin modded lights in copper and titanium are really nice!!!
    Looks like I'm going to be spending more money in the near future.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Bill
    Pacific NW

Not a flashlight, but I bought a couple 3000k 90CRI led lamps as a replacement for two G23 type florescent lamps I use in one of my workshop table-lights. I got that light as military surplus for about 30 bucks, and its understandably build like a tank. Made in Germany (SIS brand I think). While Im at it Ill replace some of the ABS components with sheet steel and install a frosted glas panel instead of the stock chromed plastic diffuser. Lights like that will run you 500€+ these days brand new, and they are probably still not as well build.

i bought a Malkoff drop in for an old 2C cell maglite. i jut want to breath a new life for the old flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierthebikemessenger View Post
    i bought a Malkoff drop in for an old 2C cell maglite. i jut want to breath a new life for the old flashlight.
    Always a good idea.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic*

Malkoff Hound Dog Super w/4000K XP-L.

Why? The regular version of the Hound Dog XP-L was supposed to be my "bright toy", but turned into my bright tool, instead, and lives in my work bag.
    So I figured I'd get a HDS.
    Now they're both in my work bag

This one's emitter has a greenish cast, so I've ordered some of Lee Filter's Zircon minus green filters to clean it up, along with a couple of their very light diffusion filters to try to broaden the spot a bit on another Malkoff, an old M61N.
    Love playing with Lee filters. It's like modding without the effort, and instantly reversible

Nitecore MH10S.

Why?
    It was the one light I could find with the features that I wanted.
    And, I've been satisfied with Nitecore products in the past.

Pros............
    Range of brightness from 1 lumen to 1800 lumens, with 3 well spaced settings in between (1>50>300>1050>1800).
    Also has strobe, beacon, and S.O.S. (all "fluff" to me, but nice to have).
    Side switch only, tail standing, good ergonomics, good size & weight.
    USB-C charging.
    Good U.I., efficient memory, battery & charging indicator.
    Good price ($92.42), which included an additional NL2150 5000 mAh battery & battery holder, in addition to the
    standard NL2140 4000 mAH, and the accessories that come with it.............holster, clip, charging cable, spare o-ring, lanyard.

Cons...........
    Had to send back 2 units due to appearance (fit & finish) issues.
    The first two did not have the logo, switch, and "hot" warning symbol aligned at all.
    Very awkward to look at.
    These were purely cosmetic issues and did not affect the function of the flashlight at all.
    The only other caveat was one that I had seen addressed in the reviews, that is, the switch is difficult to locate in the dark.
    I solved this by cementing a small "button" made from the tip of a Pilot G2 "clicky" onto the body of the flashlight just to the
    rear of the switch, for tactile enhancement - PERFECT!
    Last edited by Splitrail; 04-18-2021 at 07:20 AM.

EagleTac D25A Ti 2014

because
    I like Titanium lights :-)
    WTB: Lumintop FWAA

Nice light !
    Kata Ton Δaimona Eaytoy

Preon 2 MK 111 Nichia 219 5000K 92 CRI. 1 - 200 lumens which is all I need these days for EDC. Becoming very fond of AAA lights, and the 2 AAA form factor is easier to manipulate than the 1 x AAA, and gives much longer runtimes + higher lumens if needed.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

Nitecore PD EX11.2 w 219b 4500k 9080 D200 SW45k

Because I like the Ramping UI, and I smile every time I see the Hot Pink tint :-)

on 16340:
    minimum 0.03 lumens
    maximum 300 lumens

Last edited by jon_slider; 04-30-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    WTB: Lumintop FWAA

Lumintop 2.0 Tool high CRI for the bedside and a Nitecore GITD TIKI fir the key fob. Both are great little lights!

Enlightened

Elzetta Charlie

Because the exact engraving fit to the character and I thought that was fate. Turned out really nice.
    Technically I needed stainless steel...but this will work.

a Lunasol PD-27

I bought a Surefire, because of Brightness and compact size

After contemplating for a few months I pulled the trigger on the Elzetta G RCR light.
    Why? I really don't know except it just seemed like it was time to try it.
    John 3:16

Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154157158159160161162163164