jetbeam rrt-2 vs olight m20 warrior premium

jpizzl3

Newly Enlightened
I am fairly new to tacticle flashlights an need some help. I have narrowed it down to two lights the jetbeam rrt-2 and the olight m20 thank you for any help

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened
Check in the review section lots of info there, I have both the RRT2 and the M20 Warrior and very happy with both ,read the reviews then decide which one better suits your needs.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The olight has relatively old features compared to nowadays flashlights. The lack of regulation is one of them.

I would get the RRT2 instead, it uses an R2 emitter, good regulation, can take 18650 or CR123 and has the ring switching mechanism which IMO has a great advantage over the clicky. And the throw of this one is amazing.

If you want a simple 2 mode not so expensive flashlight you should consider the Fenix TK11R2. Or even cheaper yet, with almost the same construction quality and brightness, the Eagletac T100C2.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both have Cree XR-E R2, regulation with CR/RCR123 and regulation with 18650 depends on emitter Vf (low Vf - regulated, high Vf - direct driven). Switching mechanizm is matter of taste (ring in Jetbeam is too close to fingers). Olight with SMO reflector throws nicely as well, besides has one huge advatave - LOW mode. RRT-2/TK11/T100C2 low modes should be called general/medium modes because they're quite bright.

gilly

Enlightened
Both are excellent lights. I'm partial to the RRT-2 - I have no problem with the location of the ring either (and have pretty large hands)...

Good luck - either way you'll be happy. Make sure and read Selfbuilt's review, as DM51 pointed out above.

jpizzl3

Newly Enlightened
actually add jetbeam IIIM to the list i think im leaning away from the rrt2 and to either the IIIm or the m20

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
actually add jetbeam IIIM to the list i think im leaning away from the rrt2 and to either the IIIm or the m20

I'd go with the Jet III M over either of the other two, and I have all three. I think the UI on the Jet III M is awesome and can be either complicated or simple, depending on if you want it to be complicated or simple. With the head tightened, it will always be full brightness. Head loosened is user defined, and you can define it to any brightness or any flashing (many different kinds). The quality is superb, it has a clip, etc.

The RRT 2 is also a slick light, but it depends on if you want that selector ring or not. Some people like it, some people don't. The M20 is still a solid choice, with many good tactical accessories if you want to go the weapon mounting route. I don't think you'd be unhappy with any of them.