3 * MCE 2D Lithium Flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak47fans

Newly Enlightened
Finally I got a flashlight might have HID light effect. It is a 3 * MCE total 30W LED flashlight. A new design MCE flashlight made in China. They now foucs on develop on MCE flashlight. This is one of their high end product.
fl3204.jpg

img5523z.jpg

img5680l.jpg

endcoverv.jpg

Features:
CREE Quad die MCE/M-WC + MCE/M-WH + MCE/J-7B
3xmce.jpg

Constant Current Regulation Output
Housing Material : Aircraft Grade Aluminum
Copper seat for MCE:
Tailor made copper seat for Superior Conductivity between MCE and outer radiator fin.
Copper Contacts for Superior Conductivity and Durability
img5531k.jpg

finj.jpg

Aluminum Optical Reflector with polished finish
Battery Options: 4*18650, 6*18650, 2*32600, 2*32650 Li-ion Rechargeables or 6*AA battery
3x18650.jpg

All inOne Digital Rotary Switch with Off Position and Tactical Strobe
Default mode: Maximum brightness (100%) -> 30% brightness ->lowest brightness (5%)
Concealed mode: Strobe -> SOS-> Continue tunning level (5-100%)
Power tuning method : 3.9KHz PWM. However I can't discovered PWM on ANY power level.(pointing it into a fan)
Working voltage: 5.5v to 15V
LED lens:
Custom lens to enhance the foucs of MCE. Hence the shooting power can beat Q5 light. It also assist heat conduction to aluminum base.
seatbqq.jpg

img5536.jpg

Dimensions:
Head - 108mm
Body - 43mm
Tail cover - 50mm
Length - 250mm

Included accessories:
Spare o-ring
AA Battery Magazine Holder x 2, efficiently loads AA batteries compatible with 32600 tray
aamagazine20.jpg

Copper spring fitter.

Optional:
Light Orange-Peel Reflector.

Initial Impressions:
It is huge guy. The head is similar to my 35W HID. It is also heavy. Even no battery is installed, it weight. The thickness aluminum boby make a duty belt light. The light is HAIII hard anodized in green. From my veiw point it's my best surface light.

Cons.
You must use both hand to rotate the head to switch it.

Current draw:
All current draw measurements were done with a 80% full 2*32600 Li Cell. (measurements of draws from the batteries) These batteries are in series so the driver is getting 7.2 to 8.4 volts.
Low - 0.07A
Med - 0.86A
High - 3.36A

Beamshots:
Front from left to right M8X, Tiablo A9, M1X 2AA, UltraFire 502B, M8X, M2X, M1X
Back left WA1185, right 50mm MCE/K
dsc0004qvb.jpg

Briefing on these flashlights
Mzzlg (LoChow) M8X: a low-price shooting light made by LoChow with plastic Reflector. It is direct drive by 2 18650 FeLi Cell. MCE/J-7B is configured to 2p2s
Tiablo A9: a famous shooting light, Q5
LoChow M1X 2AA: Q3
502B: General purpose light Q5-WH, 1A circuit.
M8X: Q5-WC drive by 3*7135 circuit, 1A.
M2X: Q4-5B drive by LT3454 circuit,800mA
M1X: MCE/M direct drive by 14500 Li Cell. MCE/M is configured to 4p.
WA1185: 9.6V35W
50mm: 2*32600 Li cell drive by AX2002 circuit,1.4A. MCE/K is configured to 2p2s

1 Meter Beamshots . very bright hot-spot, and amazing flood beam.
1mfl3.jpg

35 Meter Beamshots
35m.jpg

Outdoor Beamshots : In order allow A9 to show up properly, 3*MCE is slightly overexposed.
camera exposure:
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure: 1 / 2 seconds
ISO-1600
Focal length: 27
White balance: lighting
(the exposure was set the same each time)
3*MCE
fl3m.jpg

M1X MCE/M 14500
mceaa.jpg

502B
502b.jpg

A9
17690882.jpg

M2X Q4-5B
m2x.jpg

120 Meter Beamshots:
landscape.jpg

I only upload the light which can product a reasonable hotspot on the photo.
camera exposure:
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure: 1 seconds
ISO-1600
Focal length: 82
White balance: lighting
(the exposure was set the same each time)
120M 3*MCE
fl3m.jpg

120M 3*MCE(medium)
fl3mm.jpg

120M left:3*MCE right:A9
fl3ma9.jpg

120M left:3*MCE right:HID
fl3mhid.jpg

120M left:3*MCE right:M8X
fl3mm8x.jpg

120M 左:3*MCE right:WA1185
fl3mwa1185.jpg

Conclusions:
It is the most powerful LEDs light I even see. It easily beat mime Q5, MCE & 35W 9.6v(incandescent) lights. Only 35W HID handhold can beat it.

Last edited:

dirtech

Enlightened
Re: 3 * MCE 2D Lithium Flashlight(80% completed)

What is the rational with using three different tints?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have a guess of possible better color rendition, while being brighter than using all warms.

recDNA

Flashaholic

I DO love light cannons but this one looks expensive.

ak47fans

Newly Enlightened

I DO love light cannons but this one looks expensive.
The price is under $500(It is a special promotion price). Not expensive in compare with surefire's product.
I feel the size and the weight is a issue.

Last edited:

dudu84

Enlightened

Looks like a killer light in term of output! Thanks for sharing ak47fans :wave:

The price is under $500(It is a special promotion price). Not expensive in compare with surefire's product.
I feel the size and the weight is a issue.

But the price :wow:. I think we can't really say a "new product" from a "new manufacturer", inexpensive just because it's less costly than the possibly most reputable/expensive brand :D.

vincebdx

Newly Enlightened

lol, I was talking about you last day : http://forum.hardware.fr/... :laughing:

interresting, mod FL-M2009-2D or FL-M2009-2C with a SST-50 led at 5A :drool:

Do you know a dealer with intertionnal shipping ?

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
I think the guys in the pre-order were taken for a ride on thsi one. The initial $160 tag looked tempting, but let's see if anyone will actually sell (or buy) this for the $200+ "MSRP" with that ugly hotspot.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ If over $250... This is a clearly example of how chinese manufacturers wants to take advantage of american or foreign costumers, because they know we got the cash... flashlights like this are not expensive to produce. In China, this would sell like for $60 max.

I've been there, and those AC rechargeable or hand shake flashlights costs no more than 10 RMB, less than 2 USD.

gsxrac

Enlightened
^ If over $250... This is a clearly example of how chinese manufacturers wants to take advantage of american or foreign costumers, because they know we got the cash... flashlights like this are not expensive to produce. In China, this would sell like for $60 max.

I've been there, and those AC rechargeable or hand shake flashlights costs no more than 10 RMB, less than 2 USD.

Idk? Speaking realistically it will cost you almost $60 just to get 3 MC-E's in the US? Now you add a high quality host, manufacturing, and the amount of time and money that goes into development I would say the guys that got it for $160 (like myself) got a great deal. Just compare this light with other lights of its caliber. Now compare it to other lights around $200. Can you get anything like this for this price besides this light?

I understand where you are comming from. I am sure if they were to sell them for less than $100 they would still come out way on top but just like other manufacturers theyve gotta pay their designers and workers too. Ask Surefire to produce a 3xMC-E light then ask them for a price, $700-$1000 if your lucky :faint:. Not to mention it would never happen.

recDNA

Flashaholic

I agree with you Richard. Consumers who talk UP the price baffle me

gsxrac

Enlightened
I agree with you Richard. Consumers who talk UP the price baffle me

Hey I never said I wouldnt mind only paying $60 I just realize the reason that its NOT $60 lol. Everybodys out to make a dollar especially in industries like this. I would also like to see Surefire release the Optimus and only charge $60 for it but thats not likely to happen now is it (the releasing it or the respectable price:ohgeez:)?

Status
Not open for further replies.