Womans AAA

Abouna

Newly Enlightened
Need suggestions for the smallest but not too expensive AAA lights for mother and the wife.

I've tried the E01 and it's not quite bright enough.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Maybe try the new Maratac AAA. Good price point and a decent output. Plus a pocket clip but Im not sure the pocket clip would interest your lady or your mom.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix LD01. The flat regulation and great output if needed.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly what you specify, but I think EZAA is a good alternative. Simply twist for 2 modes and the size can pass off as an AAA light. :rolleyes:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
How about the simple, single-mode StreamLight Microstream 1xAAA? $16, good tint, good throw. Forward clicky, which they might find a better UI than a twistie? Good lights for the money. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Abouna

Newly Enlightened
Reneging on what I said earlier, the E01 is too a good deal to pass up. I just ordered 2 from FS.

Thanks everybody.

computernut

Enlightened
I got my girlfriend a Leatherman S2 that she loves. She keeps it in her purse in a pen slot. Reverse clicky so it doesn't accidently get turned on. Has two levels (5/35L). The runtime on high is only supposed to be 45min but I popped an Energizer AAA Lithium in it as I know it'll see only occasional use as I'm usually around with my arsenal ;)

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reneging on what I said earlier, the E01 is too a good deal to pass up. I just ordered 2 from FS.

Thanks everybody.

Good choice! Not the brightest, but it is the best bang for the buck. IMO And the color choices make things even better.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's the problem! You were looking at the light from your standpoint. :) The Wife and Mother will love them I'm sure.

What colors did you get?

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
I'm struggling with this issue myself.

My wife carries a purple E01 on her keys. It's rock solid reliable (as long as our 3 year old doesn't turn it on and hide it somewhere). I'd like her to carry something a bit more versatile, but she refuses the learn the simple interface of the Maratac AAA or any other multimode light I own.

Ideally, the light I would get for her would be 1xAAA, not substantially larger than the E01, and two modes: twist on for low, and twist on more for high.

Does such a light exist?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm struggling with this issue myself.

My wife carries a purple E01 on her keys. It's rock solid reliable (as long as our 3 year old doesn't turn it on and hide it somewhere). I'd like her to carry something a bit more versatile, but she refuses the learn the simple interface of the Maratac AAA or any other multimode light I own.

Ideally, the light I would get for her would be 1xAAA, not substantially larger than the E01, and two modes: twist on for low, and twist on more for high.

Does such a light exist?
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=197775

the new itp eos (same as the maratac i think) has 2 versions. you can just get the regular version that has 1 mode. it's even slightly cheaper

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered an upgrade version of the ITP... (dang this place! LOL)

I wonder who is going to be first to mod one of these things?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need suggestions for the smallest but not too expensive AAA lights for mother and the wife.

Yeah, you are right about the E01 not bright enough. I have 20/20 eyesight, and I find it not bright enough to be useful for anything other than up-close usage in a totally dark room. Older people definitely need more brightness than younger people. You are wise to get something else, anything else.

Last edited:

Neill_Currie

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered an upgrade version of the ITP... (dang this place! LOL)

I wonder who is going to be first to mod one of these things?

CAn you tell us what the shipping cost was on the light please?? Bet it was cheaper than the $8 for shipping a CountyComm.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
CAn you tell us what the shipping cost was on the light please?? Bet it was cheaper than the $8 for shipping a CountyComm.

i was just pricing for fun. it's like $2 and change for usps first class and 4.95 for priority.

i think if you crunch the number it's much cheaper with the going gear.
if you get 3x20.50=61.50-10% code=55.35

county comm 2x21.75+ 10 ship= 51.50

so it's like you pay 4 bucks more for an extra light. the maratac does look better though.

Latest posts