• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD Milky X413 KL3 A STEAL $99.00 shipped

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
Something new coming in so I have to free up some funds. Therefore I am offering my Milky X413 KL3 .
I
nside the KL3 you will find 3 McR10s with Rebel 100s driven @ 500mA direct (one stage). The Head is in Hard Anodized Natural a nice deep gray and is no longer in production.
Tale of the tape
happy14.gif
(tape has been removed)

X413 3xRebel-100 McR10-R Silicone Seal 413 Lumens Regulated. Maximum 9 Volts In

Asking 99.00 paypal or postal MO shipped in the CONUS, international is additional. First Ill take it gets it.

PM me with questions

headfront.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Last edited:

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Milky X413 KL3 A STEAL $99.00 shipped

I will take it.
Will need international shipping.
Noticed I just missed you (you were online) - I'm about to sleep, will check back in the morning.

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened

I will take it.
Will need international shipping.
Noticed I just missed you (you were online) - I'm about to sleep, will check back in the morning.

I sent you a PM drop me a line when the sun comes up down under!

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Gunsmoke , I received it today. I notice the stamp is dated July 28.
I had just about given up on this.

Now that I have it, very happy. The colour is a lot lighter than your pics led me to believe - great , a nice match for my C2.

The beam is perfect, as I had hoped.

Can anybody give me a link to details on this head? I have searched , could not find details on the X413. I did find M413 (I think , was a few weeks ago now :shakehead) Google searching CPF mainlky finds this sales thread and previous for this particular head.

Mainly concerned about single cell running. I did some quick tailcap measurements and it appears to hold regulation with a single cell - got 1.37 Amps from a used grey trustfire 18650 , only 1.25 from a fresh SonyV18650.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

Congratulations to both the buyer and the seller - glad to see it arrived safely!

Now let's edit that title to reflect the fact that it's sold. :)

- FITP

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast

search Skalomonster :) and you should find some information. lovecpf

I can't find much. (I can find lots of sales threads , a comment by Donn_ leads me to believe there were a few of these made) more reference to the Skalomonster M876.

It has often been repeated 9V max , but no mention of single cell running.
The fact I measure more current at the tailcap with a used cell compared to a fresh cell indicates it is running in regulation on a single cell. I measured about 600ma with fresh 2 x IMR16340 so those numbers indicate I am losing no output by running single cell 1.2-1.3A.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I am not sure what type of driver he used in that light, but I can add that the 'X' indicates extreme, meaning that the drive levels are set for maximum output as opposed to the 'M' series, which is tailored for a balance between output and run time.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure what type of driver he used in that light, but I can add that the 'X' indicates extreme, meaning that the drive levels are set for maximum output as opposed to the 'M' series, which is tailored for a balance between output and run time.

Yep. I discovered that here:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=174494
Has the chart with the Ms and Xs , has M413 Rebel and M413 Seoul but no X413.

Sorry mods , is it a problem "clogging" the B/S/T forum?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, just noticed this thread. The "X" designation can mean either of two things...

1. The light is built in accordance with Project-M design but is not of sufficient efficiency to deem fully "M" compliant. That's usually because the build was pushed relatively hard for additional output at the cost of some efficiency.

2. The light was/is a first of its kind, or somehow different in nature to where there wasn't a sufficient track record for me to feel comfortable predicting its performance over time. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work! Just that I tend to be conservative in what gets the "M" designation to (hopefully) keep the standards for an "M" compliant light particularly high.

In this particular case, if memory serves, it was the latter consideration that led me to use the "X" designation. The head should be fairly efficient, but at the time the Rebel-based builds were something very new, plus I had potential concerns about how delicate some of those emitters could be due to overtightening of the bezel, for example... so figured I might as well err on the side of being overly conservative in the designation.

:shrug:

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, just noticed this thread. The "X" designation can mean either of two things...

1. The light is built in accordance with Project-M design but is not of sufficient efficiency to deem fully "M" compliant. That's usually because the build was pushed relatively hard for additional output at the cost of some efficiency.

2. The light was/is a first of its kind, or somehow different in nature to where there wasn't a sufficient track record for me to feel comfortable predicting its performance over time. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work! Just that I tend to be conservative in what gets the "M" designation to (hopefully) keep the standards for an "M" compliant light particularly high.

In this particular case, if memory serves, it was the latter consideration that led me to use the "X" designation. The head should be fairly efficient, but at the time the Rebel-based builds were something very new, plus I had potential concerns about how delicate some of those emitters could be due to overtightening of the bezel, for example... so figured I might as well err on the side of being overly conservative in the designation.

:shrug:

Thanks Scott. 2 years? on and a e few owners and it's still going well.