AC bulbs

lolzertank

Enlightened
A 800 to 1000 lumen bulb would have to sink at LEAST 7 or so watts of heat, and that is assuming you use the most efficient emitters possible at low currents. I don't think anyone uses P7s, probably because it's only available in cool white or because of the difficulty of driving parallel dies.

The XP-G hasn't even come out yet. Don't hold your breath waiting for the MC-G.

You might want to take a look at the Cree LR6 though if you're willing to go to recessed fixtures. It's only 600 lumens, but that's after all optical losses.

ImGeo

Newly Enlightened
Note that although AC and fits in a standard light receptacle, there is definitely some electronics in there which drops the voltage significantly, and converts it to DC.

As for LED lights--I can't make a suggestion. However, I believe it would be much more practical to just use a compact fluorescent bulb. 14watts, ~1000 lumens, available in 3200k, 3700k, and 5000k (color temp)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of lamp fixtures are you using?

CFLs do not work well in recessed ceiling fixtures or enclosed fixtures or upside down. They may actually catch fire.

LED bulbs do not like enclosed fixtures either.

For recessed ceiling fixtures Cree LR6 orLR4

Evolux. The applications guide shows it is suitable for Traditional Table Lamp, Ceiling Fan Light, Bathroom / Vanity, Sconce, Hallway Lamp, Closet Lamp.

There are many bulbs similar to the ones linked in the OP. The ones with Cree LEDs are twice as bright as the ones that just say high power LED. Note the SIZE and WEIGHT. To get close to 1000 lumens they are PAR38 or 4-3/4 inches wide. A metal heatsink 4-3/4 wide is heavy.
CHECK FOR UL LISTING. The CE listing for the bulk of these bulbs is an European standard NOT accepted in North America. Your insurance company won't pay if you have an electrical fire and they find mains fed electrical equipment that is not UL listed (or the equivalent CSA, ETL, MET etc.).

Please note the high prices. If you are not running the light at least 12 hours a day it is not worth the cost.

jawnn

Enlightened
smaller spots

I got one of the PAR30 spot lights with 7 one watt LEDs its almost too bright 2ft off the counter (no idea what LEDs are used)...now I want to find some of the same thing with only three of ther same or hopefully a single emiter at one watt each.

what should I look for ? an XR-E ?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 7 LED in the link in the OP is only 300 lumens, not 1000. Do you need something brighter or will ~300 lumens do?

If you scroll down the link to the 5th light, the 3*2.5W in a PAR20 case (2.5" wide) is similar brightness to the 7*1W. Note this bulb comes in 2 beam patterns 26° or 40°.

If a wider flood is more suitable try the globe bulbs instead of the spot versions. You did say 2 feet off the counter.
zetalux 450 (Cool White), 350 (Warm White) lumens. $40 + shipping.
evolux ~1000 lumens. New low price $50 + shipping.
Note both the Zetalux and Evolux are UL listed. Most of the superbrightLED bulbs are not.

Oznog

Enlightened
A 800 to 1000 lumen bulb would have to sink at LEAST 7 or so watts of heat, and that is assuming you use the most efficient emitters possible at low currents. I don't think anyone uses P7s, probably because it's only available in cool white or because of the difficulty of driving parallel dies.

It's cost. The mfgs really don't want anything but the cheapest LEDs out there. A lot of them still use 5mm T1-3/4 pkgs. Might explain why some people say these fixtures are kinda failure-prone.

And the P7 is a single-supplier thing. If they can't deliver the 10,000 they need, on the date they need, then the design's got to be shelved. No one else makes that pkg and SSC P7 production doesn't seem to exceed the demand. They want a supplier with 100,000 in stock so 10,000 is just another off-the-shelf purchase, not a production contract.