• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired A REAL Ostar Mega-Light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metatron

Banned
Donn, wow, reading on how this flashlight was built was just amazing! for this price folks, you cant go wrong, just wish i was able to jump on this.

good luck mate:twothumbs

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me, this light is the ultimate LED light. The reflector is big enough to colluminate the 6-die ostar led, and it just plain looks like a monster :rock:

Hopefully Will won't mind me linking his beamshots here :D:

Surefire M6 with mn21 500 lumen bulb:
IMG_4614.JPG

Donn's Ostar Mega-Light:
IMG_4615.JPG

Where this light, along with most other LED lights, shines is in the spill portion of the beam. It is magnificent! :thumbsup:

donn_

Flashaholic
Thanks, Max!

I wish I could figure out a way to photograph the beam in open circumstances. The hotspot reaches out further than the MN21, while the sidespill illuminates the near and wide field zones far more than the MN21.

Two blocks away, there is a "town dock" at the mouth of a small river feeding the Great South Bay. Approximately 400 yards away, on the other side of the mouth of this river, there's an impressive mansion. This light illuminates the mansion nicely, while still catching channel markers and cans as much as 100 yards to the sides.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first glance, I thought the mn21 was brighter, but it is only because the hotspot is so much larger in diameter. On my second glance, I can tell from the pictures that your light has a smaller, but more intense hotspot. This light must be one of the farthest throwing LED lights to this date! What I really love is the Spill! A far throwing light (such as an aspheric) has its place, but is useless in my eyes if you can't see immediately around you. I'm a big fan of utilizing 1 LED to it's fullest potential in a great reflector. This light is the epitome of this and a one-off to boot!

If I hadn't just spent an excessive amount on some Ti, I would love to see this light in person :drool:.

CaveDude

Newly Enlightened
Hey Donn, interested in a trade? Just thought I'd ask. Free bump!

CaveDude

Newly Enlightened
Lets see, I've got one of Mac's very elusive lime green Sceptres (I think there were only 5 or so made), along with almost brand new batteries. In the unlikely case you haven't seen one of these in action, they're quite impressive. The only problem is I'm afraid to do anything with mine. I've got photos if you're interested! :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.