Lots of questions.

Twinkle-Plank

Newly Enlightened
I have money saved up to buy 4 new lights+batteries.

Lights I want:

ld20+tk40
and can't decide between 6P led,9P,G2 led,G3 I want one 2 & 3 cr123 I'm still open to suggestions for light I havent mentioned but they need to be localy availble in Australia.

On a side note can the P60 led be used with AW RCR123?

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
I think Surefire doesn't support RCR's, because they have their own battery line of lithium primaries. But if you change the drop-in or the driver, it'll work.
I would think about getting a surefire c2...or else the 6p is also fine in my opinion. Or the a2... ;)

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I have money saved up to buy 4 new lights+batteries.

Lights I want:

ld20+tk40
and can't decide between 6P led,9P,G2 led,G3 I want one 2 & 3 cr123 I'm still open to suggestions for light I havent mentioned but they need to be localy availble in Australia.

On a side note can the P60 led be used with AW RCR123?

Thanks in advanced for any help.

I only see one question....

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do they need to be locally available? Can't you order them on the Net?

Anyway, the PD30 is a great light, and as you already buy some Fenix, it may be the best idea. But, there are the Quarks now, only availableat 7777s, if you act quickly, you still get a neutral white emitter from the limited run.

If you want a tactical 2 x CR123A, the TK11-R2 is good and simple, the new EagleTac T20C2 will be brighter and more versatile (available with a neutral white Q4), the Olight M20 is also very versatile, but you must like the UI.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
as soon as You got a powerful single led light, You wont "need" the 2*CR123 incans any more, save the money.

LD20 + TK40 --> good idea because of lights using the same batteries.
TK40 must be hell ofa bright, but do You really need that much output often?
(often enough to hassle with price and that boring number of cells and additional spare cells, and ...)
;)

final point: 2*AA, or 2*CR123 --> 1*18650 kicks both by far!
when You dont have a good Ni-Mh charger already, and the ability to use alkalines is not important, change Your mind to 18650

a Jetbeam M1X is equal to TK40 (with the positive point of better ergonomic size and just 2 cells),
for making the lights/cells multiuseable - like You planned with LD20 and TK40 - the other light should be a
Jetbeam Jet III Pro Ultra

(or something comparable to the 2 lights. in 1*18650 there are quite some other makers/products offering comparable price/quality/value ratio)