Longtime viewer, first time poster....

NRVOUZ

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully I am posting this in the correct part of the forum. If not I apologize. Anyhow I heard about this forum from a buddy of mine while stationed out in Iraq a while back. He coincedentally got me into SF and that is where I actually bought my first one (Z2 Combatlight). Well I am in the process of moving and I was going through all my gear and as it happens, I have aquired quite a few flashlights since then. Not alot but a few. Since my discovery I decided to sign up for CPF, and I bought a couple more(why? because I like them). I am not allowed to post attachments yet but when I am allowed I will post up in the collection part of the forum. Well nothing else to report here, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and let my presence known. I look forward to posting and chatting you guys up. I really want to start learning the ins and outs of the SF Lego's. Right now I just have a few interchangeable lamps and/or heads. Anyhow everyone, take good care.lovecpf

NRVOUZ OUT...

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
:welcome: now...i'm sure your wallet is cowering in a corner like mine....but its still cheaper than building fast cars (how i justify it to my wife) "I COULD be buying an Olds 442 and restoring it...but instead I have some flashlights and a soldering iron"

NRVOUZ

Newly Enlightened
You have no idea....well maybe you do...In my wallets defense though, it did take me about 5 months to finally order the M6 I have been lusting over.....

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your service and welcome to the forums!

If you ever decide that Z2 needs a good home just hollar :)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
You can upload pics on a hosting site like tinypic.com and link to them. It's always nice to meet a new flashaholic.

DM51

Flashaholic
I am not allowed to post attachments yet but when I am allowed I will post up in the collection part of the forum
Welcome to CPF, NRVOUZ.

It is not possible to post attachments, but you can post photos. They need to be 800 x 800 pixels maximum, and hosted on a server such as photobucket.com. You put the url between "img" tags, like this:
and the photo will appear in your post.

There's a good thread about SF Lego here: Surefire Lego?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome and thanks for serving!:welcome:

First thing, and this is very important, get rid of your wallet. If it has any value, sell it. You will want the money for lights.

Second, pick up an official CPF money clip. It's a lot handier than a wallet when carrying around your extra money.

Here's a photo of mine:

P7286055.jpg

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
Welcome and thanks for serving!:welcome:

First thing, and this is very important, get rid of your wallet. If it has any value, sell it. You will want the money for lights.

Second, pick up an official CPF money clip. It's a lot handier than a wallet when carrying around your extra money.

Here's a photo of mine:

P7286055.jpg

HAHAHA thats hysterical, but what if i returned all my aluminum for more battery money?

NRVOUZ

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone, thanks for all the warm welcomes. I think I do have a photobucket account so as soon as my wife gets home with the camera I will take some pictures of what I have. As for the money clip, I do have one but it isn't a custom like the one posted above:), and as for my Z2 it has been through some stuff...and it is an older one, not that new one with the holster...I do have some questions about the Malkoff's and the Milky's but I will search and see what I can find out before posting a new thread. Anyhow thanks for the welcomes.:twothumbs

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:! When were you there? it might of been me...LOL! Great first light though...I was a flashaholic before I went, but got about 5 or 6 of my SF's over there (great selection at the exchanges), and then I wasn't a flashaholic...I was an SF addict! Nice first light though...the closest thing I have to that is an M3 :devil:. That'll definitely be one of the first lights I grab when I head back though...I just hope to find one in Tan or OD...I have too many black G2's as it is. Again, welcome to CPF...the most expansive flashlight site on the web...plenty of info, and friendly (most of the time) enviroment.​

NRVOUZ

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:! When were you there? it might of been me...LOL! Great first light though...I was a flashaholic before I went, but got about 5 or 6 of my SF's over there (great selection at the exchanges), and then I wasn't a flashaholic...I was an SF addict! Nice first light though...the closest thing I have to that is an M3 :devil:. That'll definitely be one of the first lights I grab when I head back though...I just hope to find one in Tan or OD...I have too many black G2's as it is. Again, welcome to CPF...the most expansive flashlight site on the web...plenty of info, and friendly (most of the time) enviroment.​

Hey thanks for the welcome. I was there Oct 2004 - Oct 2005 with the 20th Engineer Brigade (C)(AC) and then again from Oct 2007 - Jul 2008 with 2-5 Cav(CAB), 1st Cav Div.

I have an M3 without the TurboHead, everytime I look at it though I kind of wish I would have got the turbo. Where were you at over there?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got there in May 08...LSA Anaconda, doing "AMMO"/Ordnance. I wouldn't go for the M3T...it looks nice, but once the turbo head's on there it makes it unwiedly...I tried that after taking the turbo head off my M6 and putting it on my M3...too top-end heavy. if you want a high-output turbo head, try the M6 or if that's too much, the M4. you could even go the cheap route and get a 9P with an A19 extender running the MN60 (standard M4 bulb) off 4 cells.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got there in May 08...LSA Anaconda, doing "AMMO"/Ordnance. I wouldn't go for the M3T...it looks nice, but once the turbo head's on there it makes it unwiedly...I tried that after taking the turbo head off my M6 and putting it on my M3...too top-end heavy. if you want a high-output turbo head, try the M6 or if that's too much, the M4. you could even go the cheap route and get a 9P with an A19 extender running the MN60 (standard M4 bulb) off 4 cells.
Or just get a 2x18650 or 3x18650 'C' to 'M' Leef Body while they are still available...

NRVOUZ

Newly Enlightened
Here are some pictures of what I have thus far. No accessories in the pictures, just the lights. That open space on the right side of the case is reserved for my M6 that should be here sometime this week.

Surefire2-1.jpg

Surefire2-1-1.jpg

Surefire1.jpg

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!!! Nice! Do you mind listing them? There's a thread out there called "List your lights", and you can hyperlink it to your sig. I'm gonna guess (starting from top-left):
-C2-HA
-A2 Aviator
-L2
-E1B
-E2D
-Z2
-???
-M3
-M65X
-And an X200 pistollight?

It helps with people that have questions about certain lights, so they know who to ask, etc. But, you're definitely off to a nice start. Are they all SF's? The one in the top center looks to be a bit different? oh yeah...don't forget to get an MN15 for your M6 (known as the X-LOLA)...2.5 hours of 230+ lumens!!! Like an M3T on steroids. Check out js's thread here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/142517

Last edited:

NRVOUZ

Newly Enlightened
Wow!!! Nice! Do you mind listing them? There's a thread out there called "List your lights", and you can hyperlink it to your sig. I'm gonna guess (starting from top-left):
-C2-HA
-A2 Aviator
-L2
-E1B
-E2D
-Z2
-???
-M3
-M65X
-And an X200 pistollight?

It helps with people that have questions about certain lights, so they know who to ask, etc. But, you're definitely off to a nice start. Are they all SF's? The one in the top center looks to be a bit different? oh yeah...don't forget to get an MN15 for your M6 (known as the X-LOLA)...2.5 hours of 230+ lumens!!! Like an M3T on steroids. Check out js's thread here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/142517

Sorry about the pictures, We just got a new DSLR and my wife is the photographer of the family, I can only point and shoot...:twothumbs
Anyhow Cool man, thanks for the info, I will check out that thread. As for the lights, they are as follows:

1. C2 Centurion(this one has a Surefire M60 LED"
2. A2 Aviator White/Blue
3. L4 Digital Lumamax
4. E1B Backup
5. E2D Executive Defender
6. Z2 Combatlight
7. Blackhawk Ally PLR(thought it was cool, but it was way overpriced:()
8. Springfield Armory XML Light(came with my Pistol)
9. M3 Combatlight
10. M951 KIT02 Taclight

Of course the M6 later this week, and I even had a M910A WeaponLight that I used in Iraq but the guy responsible for sending my gear home when I was medevaced last year decided I didnt really need it anymore...

Anyhow AngelofWar you are pretty good to name them all like that, you know with hardly being able to see them..Kudos...

My lights will only be together for a little while longer, as soon as my wife figures out that I consolodated them all to one place, she is going to take back the L4. I actually bought it for her so its no big deal...

Last edited: