Your experiences w/ Leatherman tools, w/ pocket clips? ...

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
I like the idea of a small to medium-sized Leatherman tool as I like the pliers. But I'm not going to wear a sheath on my belt. Some now are small enough, and have pocket clips like pocket knives. I see models such as the Freestyle and Skeletool.

What are your experiences w/ the various models. Any recommendations? I generally carry a Benchmade carbon fiber 770 or a Buck Sirus in my pocket.
http://www.leatherman.com/multi-tools/

Thanks in advance!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take all this with a couple grains of salt, as I've never actually owned a Leatherman..........but I've bought a few of them. I kept borrowing them from other people and then breaking the pliers. Of course I'd replace them. Didn't think I was doing anything abnormal that you wouldn't do with normal needle nose pliers, either. I prefer Gerber, haven't broken any of those, and I've used them way above and beyond what would be considered acceptable. That's what I carry.

Keep in mind thousands of people love their Leathermans and you can't get a trend from a sample size of one. :buddies:

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me, or does anyone else see a problem with needing to "borrow" other peoples things and then breaking them? Once, maybe. Twice, perhaps (but I doubt it). A few? I think it's time you buy your own tools and stop "borrowing" and breaking others tools.

And people wonder why many don't let other people "borrow" their tools.

My .02 FWIW YMMV