Eagletac new "P" Models? P20C2/P20A2

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stumbled across this while browsing on http://flashlightsngear.com/

eagletacp20a2.jpg

230 Lumens - 3 brightness settings + Strobe Function - Runs On 2 Common AA Batteries

eagletacp20c2.jpg

300 lumens - 3 brightness settings + Strobe - Uses 2 CR123 Batteries - Smooth Reflector - Tactical Tail Switch

so, a new 2xAA light, and a new 2xCR123A light. :twothumbs

Last edited:

Legend

Newly Enlightened
The P20C2 looks very appealing. If they use a simple UI, it would be just about perfect.

I got the P100C2 too late. :( Now I want another 2x123 cell light!

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
anybody know how the ui is going to be. how do you access 4 modes with a twist head.

and a q4 neutral emitter.

dang can this be better than the quark tac :p lol

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it uses alternating parts from P10 and P100 series. Interesting. :)

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the three output levels are accessed via different head stages, the strobe is tucked away, and it's around the P100C2's size, they've got me already. But I hope they didn't take Fenix's approach to a new tactical model...

swiftwing

Newly Enlightened
I like the way they managed to get a 3rd stage without changing the simple tighten loosen UI for the T20C2. I am hoping the 4th stage is just an extension, perhaps tight-loose-tight?

I want the P20A2, but am not quite keen on the tactical tail switch. :(

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
it appears that these also have the "optional tail stand". or, are you not liking the forward clicky?

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
anybody know how the ui is going to be. how do you access 4 modes with a twist head.

5 modes: tighten for turbo. loose for general, tight-loose or loose-tight for low. double press for strobe on turbo. double press for strobe on general (sorry no low strobe)

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 modes: tighten for turbo. loose for general, tight-loose or loose-tight for low. double press for strobe on turbo. double press for strobe on general (sorry no low strobe)

oh yes and also if shut off and on it'll go back to reg or turbo depending on the head tightness.

so basically strobe or low is accessed when the light is on.

litetube

Enlightened
If it's a sloping runtime on high like the T20 I am trying to figure out the difference other than looks. And options mean nothing if they aint available.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look nice and the addition of a low mode is very appealing. I wish my T100C2 had a low mode.

Rat6P

Enlightened
Those look nice.
I like the 2AA with this styling and that it has a FORWARD CLICKY!!...yay for the forward clicky!

Does it have a forward clicky? I realize it has the protruding "tacticool" switch...but is it a forward clicky?

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look nice.
I like the 2AA with this styling and that it has a FORWARD CLICKY!!...yay for the forward clicky!

Does it have a forward clicky? I realize it has the protruding "tacticool" switch...but is it a forward clicky?

Of course it's a forward clickie, it's an Eagletac. :)

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Ugh, just when I was all set to get a Quark to replace my P10A2. :ohgeez:Well, I'll probably still get a Quark, since some of the usefulness of a low mode is lost for me when it can't be accessed when the light is off. Still, these are tempting...very nice offerings from Eagletac.

Legend

Newly Enlightened
Ugh, just when I was all set to get a Quark to replace my P10A2. :ohgeez:Well, I'll probably still get a Quark, since some of the usefulness of a low mode is lost for me when it can't be accessed when the light is off. Still, these are tempting...very nice offerings from Eagletac.

I'm not so sure if I'm getting a P20C anymore. They messed up the UI.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not so sure if I'm getting a P20C anymore. They messed up the UI.

Yeah since when we had to learn how to use a flashlight? I mean, these new eagletacs requires serious mind-body coordination to operate. But it is still so cool...

So bad it doesnt have flat regulation. I'd rather have 225lumens for 2.5 hours, than 300 initial lumens and dropping to 150 for 3 hours.

Last edited: