Which setup will be brighter: MN21 on 2x18650 IMRs or MN61 on 3x18650 IMRs?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
By looking at DM51's impressive SureFire M6 Shootout, it seems to me that the MN61 on 3x17670 AW LiCo cells is even brighter that the mighty MN21 on 2xAW 'C' Sized Li-ions, is this correct? What if I use IMRs on both lamp assemblies :)caution:Instaflash risks aside, I plan to 'bleed' the cells out a bit) what sort of results should I expect?:eek: Anybody would like to share their real world experiences?
:whistle:

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you already know this, but the MN61 will be severely overdriven and most likely will go :poof:. If you want as-bright-as-possibly from 3x17670 cells, why not go with the WA 1185?

-Robert

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
By looking at DM51's impressive SureFire M6 Shootout, it seems to me that the MN61 on 3x17670 AW LiCo cells is even brighter that the mighty MN21 on 2xAW 'C' Sized Li-ions, is this correct? What if I use IMRs on both lamp assemblies :)caution:Instaflash risks aside, I plan to 'bleed' the cells out a bit) what sort of results should I expect?:eek: Anybody would like to share their real world experiences?
:whistle:

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Yet, i don't have much of experience, but using my M6 with MN21 on primaries compared to my Megallenium with 1185 on 3x18650-26 against my neighbor's 2nd floor wall, i was like that :eek: (both setup are impressive).

However the 1185 is slightly brighter and has more spill. I'm using AW softstart with the Megallenium, at 80% it resembles to the MN21.

Last edited:

BSBG

Enlightened
I find the MN61 to be slightly brighter, and whiter. Less current draw as well, but many have reported instaflashing with this combo.

If you refer to the Threads of Interest, my M6 thread has a beam shot comparison link. I'll save you the trouble :devil:.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/199605