Tunnel Hull Boat Races

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My buddy who is to boats what we are to flashlights, took me to New Roads, LA for the Advocates False River Champ Boat series.

Champ Boats and SST120 Boats are fast! And QUICK turning!

But best of all is the sound... At idle or low revs they cackle like a Top Fueler! And they rev as quick as anything I ever heard.

I am very impressed!

In two weeks we are going to Westlake, LA for Boat Drag Racing.

And in a month or two, I'm going to get to drive (not race) a 1992 Champion SST100 Boat... and in maybe a year or so (if he can find a powerhead for it) I will get to drive an early 80's Molinari Tunnel boat with a racing v-6 Evinrude!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Life is cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone else?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a kid I used to watch unlimited hydroplane racing and my folks used to take us to see the Presidents Cup races down on the Potomac River. You want to talk about badass, back then the boats used the old Allison and Rolls Royce Merlin engines that had been stripped from the P-51 aircraft from WWII and then souped up. The Roar was incredible. I saw guys like Bill Muncey and Chip Hanauer race and famous boats like the Pay n' pack, Atlas van Lines, Miss Budweiser, and Miller Beer tear it up. Very Cool and louder n' hell!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts