Yippee... just got my first Malkoff stuff!

FoxyRick

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait for it to get dark - only about an hour to go now!

My order arrived this morning: an MD2 body, MD4 body, two-stage ring and an M60W MC-E. Very quick delivery to the UK but customs stung me for nearly $70 extra. Thieves! Even that can't take the shine of my new kit though.

So, I've now got a 400+ lumen light with the option of 2x CR123's in a small body, 2x 18650's in a long body, or even 3x CR123's + a dummy in the long body if I'm out longer than expected and run out of juice in the 18650's. I always carry a bunch of fresh CR123's in the bottom of my sack for emergencies.

My main use is night hillwalking; I wanted something that will light everything up around me, rather than a thrower. We'll soon know if this fits the bill but I have a feeling it will do fine.

Come on darkness!!!

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on your cool stuff.
That MC-E will take 4x123, so no need for a dummy. Just don't go over 3 with a regular M60.

FoxyRick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks - you're right, it can take 4x 123 cells. I was thinking 3.6V per cell instead of 3.0 :ohgeez: Even better!

I've just been trying it out - I'm well impressed!

It lights up our hallway almost as well as the mains light. Outside, it lights up practically all of the garden and the colour rendition is as close to normal as I can tell. It's just what I wanted for my night-time walks.

recDNA

Flashaholic

Congrats! Someday I'll buy a MD2 with MC-E and adjustable bezel ring. Whenever I earn extra money doing some consultant work I buy something for my wife and for ME.