2AA C or D flashlight?

john10001

Newly Enlightened
Its my fathers birthday soon and I was thinking of getting him a flashlight. He already has a few headlamps so is a fan of those, but I don't think he has an led flashlight just one of those big bulky camping style lanterns with mini fluorescent tubes inside.

Can anyone recommend any 2AA led flashlights costing around £30 ($50 US Dollars)? Something that can stand on base to be used as an emergency candle for power cuts with just half a dozen lumens but also with medium and higher output mode too? I think just a few modes would be great for him.

I think if its any smaller than 2AA he's likely to lose it and will probably be too small and fiddly for him. Also I think he would likely freak at the cost of CR123A type batteries, and also I think the RCR123's and 18650's etc would likely confuse him.

He already has a bunch of rechargeable AA batteries and they are readily available here (the UK) fairly cheaply the same with Alkaline and Lithium AA's so was why I was thinking 2AA light for him. Any other suggestions as well if there's anything using bigger batteries than that I'd love to hear as well e.g. 2C or 2D batteries.

Cheers!
John

gunga

Flashaholic
If you want 2C lights, Lumapower is coming out with the new "tool"
series in the next few weeks.

For 2AA, I suggest Quark, Fenix LD20, or perhaps the Lumapower Connexion 2AA.

Nitecore D20 could be okay, but may be a bit fiddly for your dad.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want 2C lights, Lumapower is coming out with the new "tool"
series in the next few weeks.

For 2AA, I suggest Quark, Fenix LD20, or perhaps the Lumapower Connexion 2AA.

Nitecore D20 could be okay, but may be a bit fiddly for your dad.

oooh, I'll have to look into that lumapower tool light that sounds awesome. As far as 2xAA lights though, all the ones mentioned are above his price range.

Can you live without the tailstand? Most of the great cheaper 2aa lights i can think of don't tailstand for some reason. There is the fenix E20 which might be great for your dad or the rc-n3 v2. Also the kingpower k2 and the fenix L2T are also good lights within his budget. The lumapower might still be ok though, it is only a few bucks over your budget, I don't know much about it although I hear good things.