Well, it's official . . .

ResFiatLuxAddict

Newly Enlightened
I hate you guys.

There I was, minding my own business, surfing and lurking in my favorite firearms forums . . .

I was looking for recommendations for two kinds of flash lights - a weapon light, and an EDC, when this lunatic starts raving about this cheap, but solid performing AAA Maratac over at Countycomm. I'd never even heard of Countycomm. :scowl:

Being the kind of guy who always thought that Maglite was the be all, end all of quality torches, I was extremely surprised by the luminesence of this tiny AAA LED that arrived at my door.

Then I found Surefire.

Then I found the Fenix store. Oh yeah, these are top notch kick butt lamps, and they're not nearly as expensive as Surefire. I'm gonna get this one, and this one, and this one, but let me search the 'net for QA assurances . . .

Hey, what's this?

A forum dedicated to flashlights, hmmmm, interesting . . .

Candle Power Forums, what a bunch a geeks.

Oooh, wait that's cool. Ah, that is a good lookin' flashlight, but what's this forward clicky-reverse clicky crap? Where's the FAQ/basics?

What the hell?!?!

WPM, lux-lumens, throwers, OP/SMO, Li-Po/Li-Ion/18650, XR-E, MC-E, Q2, Q5, P7, R2 :mecry: :green: :poof:

Wow, there's other top notch torch makers out there that I'd never heard of . . .

So, here I sit that much poorer . . .

eagerly awaiting the Brown-Truck-of-Joy to bring me my NiteCore Defender Infinty, and my Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro V 3.0, jonsing for my next fix, and silently cursing the underground crowd that introduced me to this addiction.

So I hate you guys . . .

and so does my my bank account.

Can someone give me some advice for modding my 2D Mag into MC-E thrower with secondary UV lamps, I really think it'd be kinds cool. It's a silver finish . . . .

:wave: So, yeah. Hi, I'm ResFiatLuxAddict,(ThingMakesLightJunkie), and I officially hate you guys. :D

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have been infected too!
:devil::devil:

:sick:

Don't worry, your wallet will get over the fever... soon... :poof:

Welcome to CPF.

gsxrac

Enlightened
:welcome: Sounds like youve done your homework and you ACTUALLY read the FAQ's. Impressive! Also sounds like youve put together a pretty nice collection prior to joining. What all do you have right now?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't that what EVERYONE said when they came here? :whistle:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL great first post. Oh and you just WAIT till you get your first Surefire...they're more addicting than half the controlled substances regulated by the FDA....

spikeytree

Newly Enlightened
my buddy is going to sound like u in a few hours. His AAA Maratac just came in today(but he has not home to open it yet). At first he was looking for a cheap, simple EDC for around 20 bucks then i got him all excited by showing him the Maratac. Later tonite i am going to show him my malkoff powered surefire. I think he going to need a second job soon.

paintballdad

Enlightened
I found this place through a firearm forum too, looking for a flashlight to EDC. Tested the Fenix water with an E01 and then decided Fenixes were good and bought a P2D. Well bud, hold on to your freakin' wallet. Less than a year in this place and i'm knee deep in lights. Not as much as some folks here but i can hold my own. Just wait till you find Surefires, Malkoff Devices,Ra Lights, Muyshondts, Novatacs etc.

And then you'll find the customs.........:broke:.

Good luck.

supasizefries

Enlightened
Welcome to the madness. :sick: It's amazing how one can delve so deep into flashlight obsession. The good thing is, you'll bin good company here. :tinfoil:

Blacksidesniper

Newly Enlightened
Well welcome to the forum. :welcome: . Hope you enjoy your stay here. You'll stop hating us soon.:nana:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate you guys.

There I was, minding my own business, surfing and lurking in my favorite firearms forums . . .

I was looking for recommendations for two kinds of flash lights - a weapon light, and an EDC, when this lunatic starts raving about this cheap, but solid performing AAA Maratac over at Countycomm. I'd never even heard of Countycomm. :scowl:

Being the kind of guy who always thought that Maglite was the be all, end all of quality torches, I was extremely surprised by the luminesence of this tiny AAA LED that arrived at my door.

Then I found Surefire.

Then I found the Fenix store. Oh yeah, these are top notch kick butt lamps, and they're not nearly as expensive as Surefire. I'm gonna get this one, and this one, and this one, but let me search the 'net for QA assurances . . .

Hey, what's this?

A forum dedicated to flashlights, hmmmm, interesting . . .

Candle Power Forums, what a bunch a geeks.

Oooh, wait that's cool. Ah, that is a good lookin' flashlight, but what's this forward clicky-reverse clicky crap? Where's the FAQ/basics?

What the hell?!?!

WPM, lux-lumens, throwers, OP/SMO, Li-Po/Li-Ion/18650, XR-E, MC-E, Q2, Q5, P7, R2 :mecry: :green: :poof:

Wow, there's other top notch torch makers out there that I'd never heard of . . .

So, here I sit that much poorer . . .

eagerly awaiting the Brown-Truck-of-Joy to bring me my NiteCore Defender Infinty, and my Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro V 3.0, jonsing for my next fix, and silently cursing the underground crowd that introduced me to this addiction.

So I hate you guys . . .

and so does my my bank account.

Can someone give me some advice for modding my 2D Mag into MC-E thrower with secondary UV lamps, I really think it'd be kinds cool. It's a silver finish . . . .

:wave: So, yeah. Hi, I'm ResFiatLuxAddict,(ThingMakesLightJunkie), and I officially hate you guys. :D
Just wait till you discover the world of incandescent hotwires and HIDs... (By the way: the geeks stay in the LED section, the cool people are all in the Incandescent Section :devil::eek: LOL kidding:nana:)

Welcome to CPF! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

lolzertank

Enlightened
Just wait till you discover the world of incandescent hotwires and HIDs... (By the way: the geeks stay in the LED section, the cool people are all in the Incandescent Section :devil::eek: LOL kidding:nana:)

Welcome to CPF! :thumbsup:

And the Spotlight and HID section is the "Ultra/Lithium" version of the "Wallet Drainer V1.0." :broke: Same with the Customs and Mods B/S/T section.

325addict

Enlightened
Well, it's official... you're a hardcore addict too now ;)

To me, in fact two lights started it all. A trainee at work showed his Olight M20 Warrior, and I was totally impressed, no, blown AWAY by the light that small light produced....
Then, I got my own cheap Ultrafire WF-501B with a 10W incandescent bulb in it.... whoow, this light is even better... in color!

Then, noob as I was, I DARED to ask what the difference was between my el-cheapo Ultrafire thingy and a SureFire :whistle:

By the time I realized, I simply HAD to have at LEAST ONE Surefire, I was lost :wave:

Exactly what others told you in this thread: wait until you decided to buy your first Surefire... total satisfaction in ALL aspects :devil:

Buy either the fairly cheap E1E and mod it with a Lumens Factory lamp and one RCR 123, or go straight for the most versatile light Surefire ever produced: the C3 HA Centurion. You can make whatever you want from it: being a LED light with a Malkoff-devices drop-in or a bright incan with the standard P90 or one of the many Lumens Factory drop-ins...
you can power it from three primary CR123As or from two rechargeable 17500s without changing the bulb!
And all this in only ONE light :hitit:

Next brand you'll learn to appreciate is Wolf Eyes... try google or this site and search for "Boxer 24W", "pilot whale" and "M 300".
And don't forget "Rattesnake" also... one of my favorites!
my guess is: sooner or later you'll own one of these ;)

Welcome to this insane addiction :) :)

Timmo.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
:welcome:
Your story sound very similar to mine. I started looking for ONE flashlight for work. Found a Luxeon III that I almost bought but it looked a bit expensive at $60 dollars. I just had to research it a bit more because I did not want to waste 60 bucks on something that was not worth it. Thanks to CPF I found and bought a Fenix with a CREE led. Then I wanted more and more. Now the Brown truck of Joy is a similar sight by my house. Also the post man will ask me once in awhile if I know anybody or if I have family in China.

ResFiatLuxAddict

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: Sounds like youve done your homework and you ACTUALLY read the FAQ's. Impressive! Also sounds like youve put together a pretty nice collection prior to joining. What all do you have right now?

Just two of the little Maratacs, a few Petzl headlamps (climbing, and camping got me into those) a Minimag, and Mag 2D. Both the Mags are Incans. (Heh, it took me the longest time to realize you guys weren't talking about the South American culture. :ohgeez:)

Just waiting on my first Nitecore, and Jetbeam. :twothumbs