Nice Stainless Steel 1 X CR123 Flashlight

recDNA

Flashaholic
I thought I'd go to the well of knowledge here one more time (until the NEXT time - LOL).

I've pretty much taken care of all my practical flashlight needs. I'd still like to reward myself with a "showy" flashlight. The first time I saw how much more people were willing to pay for a stainless steel or a titanium (don't think I can afford ANY of these) flashlight I thought they were nuts. Well I'm nuts too.

I'm looking for a 1 X CR123 sized stainless steel flashlight (I'd prefer titanium but when you see my price restriction you'll see why I didn't even ask).

It must be stainless steel or titanium and currently available.
It must produce over 80 lumens. I would prefer even more if available. Cool white is fine.
I prefer flood to throw. (as always)
I don't want a twisty type switch. Some sort of clicky switch.
Prefer tactical on if available.
At least 2 modes. I would like strobe but not essential.
I prefer modes to be adjusted on bezel ring rather than clicky but not a deal breaker.
I don't care about Li-Ion capability - will never use RCR123.
No used flashlights or mods. I want something stock and mass produced.
Nothing by Ultrafire.

Here's the kicker. It MUST be under $100.

There may be no stainless steel flashlight available that meets all these criteria. If that's the answer it's still an answer.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak LED Solutions is the only company that I can think of right now that offers stainless steel lights, unfortunately most don't meet your criteria. They are mostly all single level and twisties with a momentary push button option.
I suggest giving Curt or Robin a call. They are great people to talk to of the phone. They offer alot more options and configurations than you will see on the web site. The site is really kind of hard to understand so try talking to them and you may come up with something you will like.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The Solarforce L2m stainless just about fills the bill, but its optimized for the RCR 123.Not sure how it would be with a cr123.

Thanks but I'm holding out for a true CR123 light. If none are available I'll pass.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Peak LED Solutions is the only company that I can think of right now that offers stainless steel lights, unfortunately most don't meet your criteria. They are mostly all single level and twisties with a momentary push button option.
I suggest giving Curt or Robin a call. They are great people to talk to of the phone. They offer alot more options and configurations than you will see on the web site. The site is really kind of hard to understand so try talking to them and you may come up with something you will like.

I'm pretty inept at research so it's nice to know there weren't 10 different kinds that I missed. There may be nothing available that is what I'm looking for. If so - I've saved $100. Like I said ... I don't NEED a stainless steel or titanium light - I just want one.

Thanks for the suggestion. If nobody can find a stock model that fits the bill I might call them. When you start looking for special features the price tends to go up precipitously so I don't know if I should trouble them.

recDNA

Flashaholic

Wow - that's about the worst website I've ever seen! Those folks really need some software help but they do have some neat looking flashlights. Most seem way below the output I'd like. The "descriptions" tell you next to nothing about the lights but I did find some nice threads here (one from 2006!) that tell about the different models. One that looked nice cost $119 but I although I can make comparisons based on lux OR lumens I don't have any idea how bright 1250 (the Mediterranean) cp is. I looked it up online and it said 1 cp = 12.57 lumens but their lights cannot be that bright

edit - I found a chart at flashlightreviews.com that shows the output of the Med. and the Carib. to be WAY less than the Fenix P1D. Based on those numbers I'm guessing both are below my 80 lumen minimum.

Very pretty lights though.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't think of any that completely fit your wants. But considering that what you want isn't anything so extraordinary maybe someone needs to build this. I've got several SS lights and a Titanium light but nothing close to what you want here. I think such a light as you've listed would be a great idea. Maybe 4sevens might do a run of Quarks in SS if someone gave him the idea :whistle:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I can't think of any that completely fit your wants. But considering that what you want isn't anything so extraordinary maybe someone needs to build this. I've got several SS lights and a Titanium light but nothing close to what you want here. I think such a light as you've listed would be a great idea. Maybe 4sevens might do a run of Quarks in SS if someone gave him the idea :whistle:

Nice of you to say it's a "great idea". I'm a great "idea man". What really is great are guys who actually DO something rather than just think about it! LOL

I found a stainless steel 2 X CR123 flashlight at Solarforce.com but nothing in 1 X CR123

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
It is not 100% stainless, but you should check out the Ra Twisty. The 100 lumen version with the wide floodier beam is $99 right now. And if you go to the specials page at batterystation, the 85 lumen twisty that has a red colored low mode is also the same price. Both of these come with a stainless steel bezel for some bare metal shininess. . .

Either one is quite a nice show off light and incredibly rugged and high quality.

recDNA

Flashaholic
It is not 100% stainless, but you should check out the Ra Twisty. The 100 lumen version with the wide floodier beam is $99 right now. And if you go to the specials page at batterystation, the 85 lumen twisty that has a red colored low mode is also the same price. Both of these come with a stainless steel bezel for some bare metal shininess. . .

Either one is quite a nice show off light and incredibly rugged and high quality.

Thanks but I prefer a clicky button and I'm looking for all stainless. Everybody raves about the Twisty. Maybe someday but not what I'm looking for at the moment.

Lumenz

Enlightened
I don't know anything about this site or even the flashlight. I just saw this when I was looking for a stainless steel flashlight within your criteria. It looks like exactly what you want except it is exactly $100 rather than under $100.

SS Flashlight

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
Does it have to be a CR123 light? Except for the battery requirement (it's a AA), the JetBeam E3P fits all of your criteria.

I've been thinking about picking one up, but I can't justify buying a light just because it's pretty. :)

selfbuilt's review:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/216687

The review even said it's a forward (tactical) clicky, which surprised me...

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't know anything about this site or even the flashlight. I just saw this when I was looking for a stainless steel flashlight within your criteria. It looks like exactly what you want except it is exactly $100 rather than under $100.

SS Flashlight

It does sound very good but I never heard of that company and it's in Singapore. Great find though.