Mixing SF Nitrolon parts with metal parts, no proper eletrical contact?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm having a hard time getting my Leef 2x18500 to work with a standard G3 Nitrolon tailcap with various battery setups and lamp assemblies, is this not supposed to work or what? When I put everything back into the G3 all works nicely. Please help!:sick2:

Thanks in advance.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried a metal TC on your leef body? I know the newer G3 tail caps have those issues (even with metal SF Bodies). Does your tail cap have the longer divets? (i.e. longer than the one's on a G2 tc, for example?) Those are the newer one's. The older G3 tailcaps have the short divets, and are basically the same as a G2 TC.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried a metal TC on your leef body? I know the newer G3 tail caps have those issues (even with metal SF Bodies). Does your tail cap have the longer divets? (i.e. longer than the one's on a G2 tc, for example?) Those are the newer one's. The older G3 tailcaps have the short divets, and are basically the same as a G2 TC.
With metal parts everything is fine, the problem is this Nitrolon tailcap (older G3). I guess I need to get a new metal TC, because all my metal tailcaps are being used with other setups. Thanks.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem...yeah, i just looked at my G-Series T/C...the newer one's are flanged/shaved on the sides (where the spring sits), where as the older one's are straight and drop-off.

ugrey

Enlightened
Years ago I put an aluminum spacer on my G2 to make a G3.(before G3s were available) I had to bend a paper clip into a circle and put it in the tailcap end, between the spacer and the G2 body, in order to get a good contact. I hope this helps.