Review - LF2XT Holster - Thor's Hammer

sylathnie

Enlightened
I recently put a call out for a holster for my LF2XT. I had some pretty specific requirements. Hogokansatsukan jumped in and offered to help out. A quick (long :green:) week later and this beauty showed up on my doorstep.
(Pardon the poor photography)
OnTheBelt.jpg

Vertical.jpg

Closure on the bottom:
Bottom.jpg

Close up on stitching:
VerticalBarrel.jpg

I'm very pleased. It shows excellent workmanship and fits the flashlight perfectly. (I didn't even have to send him my light.)

:twothumbs: to Thor's Hammer Custom Leather!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! That's all saddle stitched by hand. I've got cuts on my fingers from sewing so much over the last three months. The cuts are from pulling each stitch tight. I just finished a 2.5 inch western gunbelt and cross draw holster for a Colt 1851, and now have to start on a strong side holster for the same rig for a 1858 Remington. The belt alone took about 8 hours to tool. Your little LF2XT holster took considerably less time to tool!
If there is anything I can make for you, don't hesitate to ask. I'll try making darn near anything, and think I just about have... except a saddle, but I have a cousin who can do that if you want one.:grin2:
Proof of finger... and dagnabit, that's my trigger finger too!
P8026077.jpg

You can see the broken needles in the photo. I'm sometimes sewing through up to 5 layers of holster leather and the needles just don't hold up.

Last edited: