SST-50 modules.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some modules I made using some Luminus SST-50 LED's. These modules have 3 levels of light and will drop right into a ME II flashlight.

2w57zbm.jpg

27wsoyu.jpg

ARC mania

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with the ME II, what is that?

NVM, a quick Google search helped me out.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
QtrHorse: The ME II is Mega Extreme II in short. Its a single CR123 powered light.

blitzlicht65: I am still on the wall on selling these modules since acquiring select bin LED's require paying a high premium. The SST-50 is a single die LED and throws more light forward when combined with a smooth reflector. Has no artifacts in the beam. If I do sell these SST-50 ME II modules, they will come as a set with a smooth finish reflector along with getting interest from more than 10 people. Another reason this is temporarily on hold is that I am negociating a deal with the reflector maker.

ARC mania

Elakazam

Newly Enlightened
Mike,

Will the output of the SST-50 modules, dropped in a ME-II, be much more brighter compared to the origin MCE module?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elakazam: The SST-50 LED modules are roughly 15 to 20% brighter than the MC-E version.

AlexGT: Currently I have used up my stash of SST-50 LED's in new projects. I should be getting more soon. When I do, I will put a few up for sale. The SST-50's I have acquired are the brightest you can get with a brightness bin code of "WJ".

ARC mania

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
can you tell me about the driver?
(I've a lower bin sst-50 in the mail and am wondering about direct driving as the driver boards i have are 1/2 the output that the sst-50 can handle)
or anything about powering these emiter would be helpful:D

autogiro

Enlightened
SST-50 module for ME II

Mike,
If you're watching, :poke: need one of these for a ME II, a matching reflector and a suitable lens would be nice too!:bow:
Auto:popcorn: