Pelican Clickie Conversion Kit

Catman10

Enlightened
I'm considering getting the Pelican clickie conversion kit with lens from flashlightlens.com. For those of you who have ordered this, are you happy with it? How much of an increase do you feel the lens adds? Thanks.

sotyakr

Enlightened
I think flashlightlens.com's PM6 clickie conversion/lens kit was well worth my $17.50.

Once installed, the switch really improves the light's functionality. I guess the 'lockout' feature of the tailcap isn't really usable without some fiddling, but I haven't found it to be a big loss. You may want to have either some very fine tip needle nose, or snap ring pliers around to help remove the guts of the tailcap. As a bonus, the new switch assembly also shaves about 1 oz. in weight from the PM6.

Can't say for sure how much the B270 lens increases light efficiency, but it's nice not having to worry about scratching the stock plastic lens.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto Sotyakr.

The M6's stock switch was a HUGE disappointment. The clickie kit makes a big difference and turns this into a *really* nice light.

The lens is nice, but I don't notice too much difference. The price difference between the clickie alone and the combo isn't that big, just go ahead and get the combo and see for yourself.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
sotyakr said:
.....I guess the 'lockout' feature of the tailcap isn't really usable without some fiddling, but I haven't found it to be a big loss....As a bonus, the new switch assembly also shaves about 1 oz. in weight from the PM6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm concerned about loss of lockout. Is there a way to restore it?

Shaving 1oz is a big improvement; from 5.8oz to 4.8oz would make it ligter than any 2x123 aluminum Surefire except the E series.

Brightnorm

sotyakr

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:

I'm concerned about loss of lockout. Is there a way to restore it?

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

At least in my experience, the lockout still works by backing off the tailcap slightly (less rotation than required by the stock switch), but the light doesn't seem to work consistantly when tightened back up. Haven't really fiddled with it enough to determine a cause or possible cure. My only real gripe about the switch upgrade is the absence of any documentation. Granted, it doesn't require a Ph.D to install the switch or make it work, but a little guidance might be appreciated. It might even answer the question about the lockout issue.