Incompetent sales jerks on telephones! :-(

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I called Electric Mobility today to get some new motor brushes for my Rascal #245 scooter. I might as well have been dragging a full wheel-less garbage can to the curb without my Rascal, that's how I felt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I could hear him tap-tap-tapping away on his computer, and saying "brake parts" and other non-related horse puckey. I wanted BRUSHES for a #245 scooter's MOTOR!!! You know, brushes, those things that screw into the motor's sides to make it GO?!?!

After half an hour on the phone, he finally (!) found (?) the brushes, and told me how much they were ($10), and I quickly ordered them.

Gosh forbid I need a battery or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
jeez....that sucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(get on chat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

(you too teddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped playing games with jerks like that. I ask them to either email or fax me a parts and price list and scematics (sp?). Then I call them back and order the parts by number. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Usually works! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Getting schematics & parts list emailed to me is probably a good idea, the next time I need parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My Rascal has a manual, but I don't think motor brushes are a listed item. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Roth, I'm on my way, but I probably won't be on too long.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
woot...thanks for coming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(hey everyone! craig is in chat! come join us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had a similar experiance with em.
60.00 for a stupid pot?
got it from digikey for $5
btw e m offer the pot or the whole controll lever assy for the same price.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
snakebite said:
i had a similar experiance with em.
60.00 for a stupid pot?
got it from digikey for $5
btw e m offer the pot or the whole controll lever assy for the same price.

[/ QUOTE ]

They charged me $40 for a stupid pot for my #205 scooter a few years ago, and they had the same "whole control lever assembly" for the same price... so I bought the whole thing instead of just the pot I needed. I ended up having to cut and solder wires anyway, so "same diff". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
The only differences I could tell were the control lever handles were shaped a bit differently on the ends, and I had a larger object to dispose of (a whole control assy instead of just a pot). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I guess they figured some dim bulb like me couldn't align a lousy pot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If I knew Digikey had the same pot for $5, that's where I would have gotten it from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

At least this time, I got $10 motor brushes instead of a $60 pot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif