Magellan CR123

Skyeye

Enlightened
I was as usual perusing the flashlight section at Academy this morning and came upon a pretty decent find. They had both the Magellan 3AAA and the CR123 1 watt LED lights on clearance! ($9.88 for the 3AAA and $14.88 for the CR123! including batteries) Since I already have the Magellan 2C, which I might add is a great light for what it does, I chose the CR123. It is identical in color and design to the 3AAA but a smidgen smaller (about 10% overall). I got it home, dropped in the cell and went to my garage test lab to see how it looked. Well, it has a really nice warm tint which is sort of neutral in color and does not exhibit the blue fringing like some other cheap lights. It has a "high-low" side switch that is actually high-low. It is mostly artifact free and to my surprise the head is focusable from flood to spot. Although this focusing is not a wide range it is certainly better than a fixed beam. Comes with a lanyard and can stand on it's tail with lanyard removed. Nice machining and very thick aluminium barrel and "O" rings. Overall, it is a well made small unit that has heft to it. Pleased? Sure!:twothumbs
sized_P1010002-1-16.jpg

;)Incidentally, they also had new in stock the little Brinkmann nylon 60 lumen 1AA. Will try that one later.:naughty:

Last edited: