Led Lenser M1 & M5

jupello

Enlightened
I just noticed advertisement of a Led Lenser M5 (1xAA) for 39.90eur in a magazine, and started googling to find out more about this new model. Found out that there's also similar model M1 that's using 1xCR123 battery, and they both seem to have Hi/Low/Strobe modes with forward clicky and adjustable optics! :drool:

As usual with LL there are not much information available, but I found reviews of them from youtube (M1 / M5). Unfortunately they're in german and I cant understand what the guy is saying :sigh:. If someone who understands german happens to listen them through, I'd appreciate if he could tell if those reviews contain any useful information. :p

SureAddicted

Enlightened
The M1 and M5 have been up on the Aussie LL site for a little while now. Again as you point out there is not much info on then. I can add that the M1 is 1 x CR123, 170 lumens, Cree, 8.5 hr runtime model # ZL8301. The M5 is 1 x AA, Cree, 100 lumens, 7 hr runtime, model # ZL8305.
P.S I don't understand German either.

Nos

Enlightened
hate led lenser, the M1 tents to overheat after 10 mins. dropped from 117 lumens to a third of it :shakehead

jupello

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies :)
I translated the taschenlampen-test.de and found out that M1 drops output level to 60 lumens after few minutes to reduce heat. Probably the same goes for M5 too. So I'm guessing that these M-models are regulated then? Hopefully that does not mean sudden shutdowns when battery is low.

pulstar

Enlightened
I checked their sie immediatelly when i had seen this thread and found another series of lights: L series. Dose anyone know more about that? I have LL P5 and only thing that lacks are multiple modes and regulations...But it's focusing system is GREAT! Can't wait to see more from them....

jupello

Enlightened
I checked their sie immediatelly when i had seen this thread and found another series of lights: L series.

Oh, nice to see more new lights coming out from them. Too bad there's even less information to be found about the L-series :\

pulstar

Enlightened
Yes, they could finally release some decent torches. I bought LL P5, which was from one of the first batches and i'm not very pleased with it. It lacks a bit of quality and has some small design mistakes. But on the other hand, later series were a bit improved. I cant wait to se some tests how 150-200 lumens flashlights throw through their lens system:) I expect very high lux readings:) I only hope, they will somehow "clean" the beam, when light is foucused: there is ring or two too many...

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm yet to have a LL, but a P7 is tempting me everytime I walk past Mr. Minute (a show repairer/key cutter/engraver kiosk)

But it's just to pricey...

pulstar

Enlightened
I'm yet to have a LL, but a P7 is tempting me everytime I walk past Mr. Minute (a show repairer/key cutter/engraver kiosk)

But it's just to pricey...

My friend has it. And i must admit i felt a bit sorry for him when i compared my p5 with his p7. P7 wasn't quite bright as i expected to be, especially because 65 vs. 170 lumens made quite big expectations...And 4xAAA isn't something that you'll look for in a flashlight that size and price range. I advise you, wait a little longer, maybe for m1/5 or something new from L-series.
But again, p7 have flawless focusing system just like p5

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I'm definitely going to wait... the asking price is far to high in my opinion.

I got my Surefire U2 for nearly the same price... and it was new.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
With retails there sure is a big difference.
However I got my U2 for $170AU, and the P7 is $100 where I saw it hence the :shakehead

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a pretty good deal on the U2, there's one on an aussie site going for 5 big ones atm.

:thumbsup:

It was a good deal!

I got it from an auction on the bay... I wasn't bidding just watching, and in the last 5 minutes I noticed no one had place a bid for over 36hours.

Put in a bid, 5 minutes later I had a steal!

:twothumbs

Egsise

Banned
Anyone know the length & diameter of these two?
http://shop.pumaknives.com/coastledcatalog.pdf

M1(1xCR123)
Model # 8511
• 155 lumens
• 6h battery life
• 4.25 inches long / .9 inch head diameter
• Aluminum body
• Micro Controller Switch (High, Low, Strobe)
• Advanced Focus System™

M5(1xAA)
Model # 8505
• 92 lumens
• 3h battery life
• 4.25 inches long / .8 inch head diameter
• Aluminum body
• Micro Controller Switch (High, Low, Strobe)
• Advanced Focus System™