fussy light

Barrie

Enlightened
Thumbnail.aspx
Cyba-lite Auro 0.5 Watt Hand Torch : 101Gear.com
i have one of these lights and it has become fussy which batteries it will run on
it used to light up on any AA battery i put in single use or rechargeable now it wont light on rechargeables
i have tried every battery i have they all work fine in my fenix ld10 i have striped and cleaned the light but still the same rechargeables no light single use batts works every time any ideas:confused:

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: please ignore, mis read OP's post as link was not showing

Last edited:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I have one of these which worked fine for a while but then developed a flicker. I never managed to get it working on rechargeables though - the tube is just slightly too narrow: I once got an NiMH stuck and it took about half an hour to get it out ! Are your rechargeables a tight fit too? It could be that they are not making contact at the positive end . . perhaps the terminal at the head end of the battery tube has got flattened down with use and you could tweak it up a bit ?

Sometimes the flickering would clear up for a while with new batteries, and cleaning the switch helped for a bit too . . . however the problem is still there.

Shame, because it's a nice light, even if a bit old technology. It just seems to fit the hand well, and is small enough to pop in a pocket. Would be great if they updated it with a newer LED.

PS: if you are after a replacement you can still get them at BatteryForce:

http://www.battery-force.co.uk/detail_RIHAND001A-Cyba-Lite-Auro-0.5w-LED-Hand-Torch.html

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a new MiniMag 3 mode LED which won't work on my Titanium 2700's, I put in lithium AA and it works fine. Must be a voltage issue.

Barrie

Enlightened
hi
i have messed around with it some more
MARNAV1
i think you are right i dugout some old rechargeables and it is working on batts rated at 1000-2000 mAh:twothumbs anything over 2000 mAh all my newer ones it wont work

Moonshadow :wave:
i have to agree it is a nice wee light if a bit old tech but still very usable i would like to find out if it can be modded or upgraded go-outdoors at coatbridge do them for around £13
so it seems to be old tech batteries for a old tech light :crackup: