Run-Time Plot - AA Mini Maglite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for a AA Mini Maglite with a OEM bulb and one with a Brinkmann Nexstar bulb. Both plots were don with Everactive AA Batteries.

Equipment used is a photocell and a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using ScopeView software (V 1.08).

The vertical axis is in MA and the horizontal axis is 15 minutes per division.

Be aware that your actual battery milage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

AA Mini Maglite with OEM Bulb
mmag-o.jpg

AA Mini Maglite with Brinkmann Nexstar Bulb
mmag-b.jpg

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Thanks for the plot. That looks very much like how mine seemed to work during the big storm of '87, when we lost power in this area for about 4 days. I was getting about 5 hours out of my mini-mag before it was too dim and yellow to be much use.

I could carry that light, and 2 spare sets of batteries around all the time, just in my pockets. That storm was what convinced me that the days of the old "2 D cell" flashlight were over for me.

Azreal911

Enlightened
roy i love your work! you should have a webpage with all the tests you did! maybe someone will donate to you (lithiums) for your cause, i like how the nexstar ran, it seemed almost semi regulated and died instantly. wow! my rechargables 1600mah will prbably last 2hrs with the nexstars and die right off like that. not a bad test!

notos&w

Enlightened
i dont know what your motivation for doing these tests is, but thanks. i find them very useful.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
noto,
I've acquired a fairly large collection of flashlights since finding CPF.

I'd seen a lot of "anyone know the runtime.." questions on the various forums and threads and had also seen a reference to a logging multimeter. That got me curious, so I got out the Radio Shack catalog and they had a couple. Went down to the local store and managed to get a discontinued model. And the rest is history! I've just about run out of flashlights to test, got a LW 4000 and an Eternalight left and they are long runtime suckers!

I'm glad that members are finding them useful. I've learned a lot since I posted the first runtime plot! It looks to me that the knowledge level on the CPF has come up a notch with more members posting their plots.

I would encourage you to go back through all of the various reports and read the discussions that arose. Very informative and helpful!

I want to thank Quickbeam (Doug P) for hosting a place on the web site for us to archive our runtime plots!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.