My CL1H V4 1SM-2 Odyssey

Phyltre

Newly Enlightened
I'm the happy new owner of a Dereelight CL1H V4 1SM-2 as recommended to me in a p60 host thread. Right now I'm running it off of 2xcr123a until I order some AW 18650s and a Pila IBC charger. I also ordered the extension tube but obviously don't have a use for it until I get the batteries in. I want to order several pills/drops for the light, as this will fill the miscellaneous roles in my lineup. I'm prepping a shopping list for when the next paycheck shows up.

3785304577_1752832b71.jpg

A few questions:

1. What is the brightest possible drop/pill I could get, assuming a 2x18650 configuration with the extension tube?

2. What is the best low/mid output drop/pill for longest runtime assuming 1x18650? (Best color rendering a bonus.)

3. What other interesting or useful modications are out there for this form factor? I know I'm getting an ultraviolet drop just to play with...

I definitely enjoy the light so far, can't really formulate much of a review since I'm not even running it off the intended battery form factor yet.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. brightest? probably a MC-E p60 dropin: malkoff MC-E?

2. best low/and warm? M60WL

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Dereelight 2.1A MC-E in a CL1H v4, and If you're considering an MC-E pill, make sure it's a multilevel as the CL1H V4 will heat up quickly if run at full-power. Unless you plan on using it only for short periods (kinda defeats the purpose of a 2x18650 setup) you'll need a lower power setting for extended use past 10 mins or so.

Last edited:

slate

Newly Enlightened
I am using a cheapo DX MC-E drop-in with the CL1H V4. Works fine although the head doesn't seem to screw down all the way like it does with other drop ins? . Brighter than a Malkoff M30 with half the cost.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a CL1H V4 with the extension tube, 2x18650's, and the 2.1A MC-E pill as a head light for my kid's jogging stroller. I just set it to low and it does a nice job of lighting up the sidewalk so I can see what lays ahead in dark areas. It runs cool and the run time should be pretty long.

I love how modular the Dereelight system is.

The latest Q4 5B pill is very nice if you want to try a neutral white XR-E. I got the 3SD version for 18650's. It's the first Dereelight pill that has no detectable noise (for me), no noticeable PWM on low, etc. I'm very happy with it.

jahxman

Enlightened
I love how modular the Dereelight system is.

+1

I have the aspheric head from my DBS on my CL1H with 3x CR123 tube and R2 1SM pill, and the MC-E pill with OP reflector on my DBS with a 2x18650 tube - my super bright Dereelight combo! massive flood and massive throw :thumbsup: