How my needs have changed!

Jimed315

Newly Enlightened
I've been a lurker here for many years. I've lived most of the last 40years of life in the country (my closest neighbor was 1 mile away). Last year i had to move to the city to be closer to my job (now my closest neighbor is 10 feet away). I quickly found that my lights with throw just didn't work for what i needed, I found that i needed to light up the whole back or front yard rather just a spot. I aquired my first MCE a few months ago and quickly learned what flood really meant! I've still got my lights that throw but my C3 now sports a p91 instead of an EO-9 and my go to light is my C2 with a MCE. U just never know how your needs will change.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

There's no substitute for real-world usage, hm?:huh:

I wish I lived in a more rural area so I could get more use from my serious thrower.:(

I live in a rural setting and I love how my DBS takes on a life of it's own. It really is impressive that a small light like it can outperform my 6 volt halogen spotlight that is on my old coon hunting rig.

Jimed315

Newly Enlightened
Don't get me wrong I love my Dereelight 3sm smooth reflector for the throw, I just don't get to use it much here in town. I awaiting my Seraph D36 head and 3 mode led from lumens factory to come in,hopefully I'll have the best of both worlds!

computernut

Enlightened
I went back home for a visit last weekend and brought my lights. It's a 160 acre property out in the country with about 1/3 of it clear, the rest bush. The lights I have now hardly put a dent in the darkness (L1, E2L, A2). I'm going to have to invest in at least one good thrower for my collection.

lolzertank

Enlightened
I live in a suburb, so my nearest neighbor is about 30 feet away. About a month ago, I was wondering whether I should make a aspheric Mag or a 12 Rebel Mag. After some thinking, I figured the neighbor down the street (about 500 feet) might be slightly annoyed if I pointed a 50,000+ lux monster at him. It turns out the 5000 lux of the 12 Rebels are more than enough to light up his house. 10 times that will surely be irritating.

I went back home for a visit last weekend and brought my lights. It's a 160 acre property out in the country with about 1/3 of it clear, the rest bush. The lights I have now hardly put a dent in the darkness (L1, E2L, A2). I'm going to have to invest in at least one good thrower for my collection.

Maxabeam! Ok, you might need a bigger farm.

SilentK

Enlightened
my needs, or wants should i say, have changed from needing the biggest badest thing, to something with a good high mode, and several low modes. The quark series fit the bill perfectly. i think everyone has this a few times while on the forums

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ My needs went backwards.

Realized I wasn't a PD30 type person and more Z2 + M60 person :)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Jim...now you just need to get a Malkoff M60 drop-in and a Surefire FM34 diffuser to go with you C3 and you're set...trust me :devil:.

My needs haven't really changed...just my taste, I guess you could say.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get me wrong I love my Dereelight 3sm smooth reflector for the throw, I just don't get to use it much here in town. I awaiting my Seraph D36 head and 3 mode led from lumens factory to come in,hopefully I'll have the best of both worlds!

I hear you. My DBS is almost worthless up close. My Quarks and Fenix lights with their floodier beams take care of the closer work for me.

sappyg

Enlightened
my needs, or wants should i say, have changed from needing the biggest badest thing, to something with a good high mode, and several low modes.

me too. i don't go for the brightest of the bright. i think i eventually learned more about my needs after trying so many different lights and came to the same conclussion.
i do however like to have lights that are pure throw, total flood, and somewhere in between. i have a need for all of them