Sig STOPLITE STL-300J

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
HI guys. First post in a long time but found this light at the local gun store earlier this week. It's rated by Sig at 700 lumens. It uses four CR123 batteries and features a 700 lumen LED with a four(4) position switch (Momentary, Steady, Off and Strobe). It has a laser and can be used as a stand alone light. I tried the strobe on a couple of friends (still friend's, I think LOL) and it was awesome. VERY bright. The lumen rating can't be off very much. We got a LE cost at $185 which seems very low. I was wondering if anyone has this light or has anyone tested it. We might buy approx. 10 or more for our SWAT team and or patrol rifles.

As always thanks for your time!!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's as good as their pistols it has to be a winner!! Sorry, never seen one.

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
Photo..

detail-stoplite.jpg

mmbeller191

Newly Enlightened
I played with one just yesterday. I believe it is made by iTAC for Sig. It has a 4-die led prob MC-E but could be P7. I really liked the UI. You can save some a few bucks by getting it straight from iTac, they call it the TDL1 and Botach appears to have it in stock. I loved the light. Of course it is much brighter than the X300, TLR-1, Procyon and anything else out there in terms of weapon lights. To my knowledge this is the first 4 die weaponlight and they put it in a great package with a laser, strobe, powered hot shoe, all in a pistol grip form that will be great on an AR. And to top it off they price it at $150. No I am not affiliated with them, I just love a great product. Of course it is a bit larger and heavier than a light meant for a pistol, but the features make up for it. As a flashlight alone, this product is better than 98% of the lights on the market. I will have to pick one up soon, this belongs on my home defense AK.

sgtbambam

Newly Enlightened
I found this info on the iTac version. MUCH better price. Still hope to find someone who has one to give me the pros and cons. THANKS!!!!

iTac TDL1 Tactical Defense Light

The Tactical Defense Light is a versatile and powerful defensive light and strobe that emits in excess of 700 lumen* of light. Handheld or easily mounted to an accessory rail, the Tactical Defense Light also features a fixed laser aiming module and a built-in power receptacle. The power receptacle can drive a variety of optional interchangeable digital accessories. The grip provides extra stability when mounted on a rifle.

Features:
  • Operates as a stand-alone flashlight, attaches to an accessory rail or doubles as a rifle verticle grip.
  • Strobe function delivers a personal defense by disorienting the assailant.
  • Powered hot-shoe provides growth for all add-on accessories such as digital cameras.
  • 700-lumen LED with a multi-position switch that includes (Momentary, steady, On/Off and Strobe).
  • Includes a Laser Aiming Module accessory for pin-point accuracy.
  • Uses four CR123 batteries.

This laser light Foregrip is made in Israel by iTac Defense, the company that developed and makes the Sig Sauer STL-300J Stoplite and Sig 556 Rotary Diopter rear sights for Sig Sauer. They also make a great line of blackhawk style holsters and other accesories. The Itac defense tdl1 is Identical to the Sig STL-300J Stoplite, without the Sig Sauer name and $350.00 and up price. Extremly bright 700 Blinding Lumens, Makes my surefire m900a look like a toy. Handheld or easily mounted to an accessory rail, the Tactical Defense Light also features a fixed laser aiming module and a built-in power receptacle. The power receptacle can drive a variety of optional interchangeable digital accessories.

fiveform

Newly Enlightened
I picked up an iTAC TDL-1 this week at a local gun store for the great price of $139 with no thought of mounting it on a rifle or other weapon. It is a very comfortable light to use as a standalone. I'm sure that it is also a great weapons light, since there is the laser module on the side. Very solid construction and the 700 lumen MC-E quad die really puts throws some serious light. The battery compartment doesn't seem wide enough for 18650's, so the manufactuer must not want you to use them.

The fun part of this torch is how easily it functions. There is a large GID momentary button on the back, easily accessed by your thumb, then there are soft touch buttons on the right side for constant on, strobe on, strobe off, and laser. As a military or police flashlight which can be quickly mounted on a weapon, this is a great light and rivals other 700 lumen quads for output and reach...

sfca

Enlightened
Hm-mm interesting!

For use as a standalone light I wonder how often you'd be stopped or have someone call the cops on you when I walk the dog at night.
yellowlaugh.gif

Last edited: