Fenix Reflector Question

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the reflector options on the Fenix flashlights. I see that you can have either the "smooth" or "textured" reflector.

Can anyone explain to me the difference in the beams from these two options? If there are any beam shots available, I would be very interested to see.

Thanks Steve

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Textured smooths out the beam and reduces artifacting/"lumps", with a slight cost to throw. This is a good option for an indoor or flood/short distance light.

Smooth boosts throw but at the cost of more sharply defined beam imperfections. This is a good option for an outdoor or throw/long distance light.

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the reflector options on the Fenix flashlights. I see that you can have either the "smooth" or "textured" reflector.

Can anyone explain to me the difference in the beams from these two options? If there are any beam shots available, I would be very interested to see.

Thanks Steve

Do a search in the cpf with "Fenix textured reflector" and you will get more information!

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys :grin2:

I think that I will go for the smooth one as I will use this light (PD30) for throw / spotting whilst on night hikes.