Can the Ra Clicky Still Tailstand

Lumenz

Enlightened
I have heard that the new Ra Clickys have had their buttons modified and they no longer tailstand without wobbling. Is this still an issue?

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
I have heard that the new Ra Clickys have had their buttons modified and they no longer tailstand without wobbling. Is this still an issue?

Sadly, they don't seem to tailstand on their own. Mine is only a few weeks old and I've used the following trick to make it work : https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3027409&postcount=155
It's a slight hassle and I'm hoping that Ra comes up with a better solution and that I will be able to swap out battery tubes for a version that works as well as the current version and will also stand when asked to.

bansuri

Enlightened
Posted over here, figured I'd post in the regular LED forum post also.
Ra Clicky just wouldn't tailstand so I replaced the stock button with a couple pieces of innertube patch cut to the same diameter. It's a little tighter to re-assemble, but not by much. Probably voided the warranty, but it's not much good to me if it can't tailstand.

Before:
72vxfl.jpg

After:
2ns6zqq.jpg

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I have the tactical, so on the face of it, no tailstanding . . .

. . . but I also use the F04 diffuser from time to time, and I've discovered that if you stick it on the tail end, it tailstands perfectly !!

Best of both worlds :thumbsup:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
My new EDC executive Clicky tailstands perfectly. . . .

It is not a feature that I really care for, but it certainly does not have a protruding button at all.

Maybe someone with a "nicer" more expensive model would like to trade with me?

But tell me about this F04 diffuser and where to get it?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks really good IMHO. Pity Henry doesn't do something similar to his regular offerings.

James....

Posted over here, figured I'd post in the regular LED forum post also.
Ra Clicky just wouldn't tailstand so I replaced the stock button with a couple pieces of innertube patch cut to the same diameter. It's a little tighter to re-assemble, but not by much. Probably voided the warranty, but it's not much good to me if it can't tailstand.

Before:
72vxfl.jpg

After:
2ns6zqq.jpg

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my custom 140GT and it tailstands!