MadMax - BadBoy graphs?

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who else remembers the runtime vs. brightness graphs of the MadMax & BadBoy on Dat2Zip's old website?
I remember the MadMax having very near as flat a curve as the BadBoy.
I can't find the page anymore, and I wonder if someone might have downloaded them, and could post them here.

obeck

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
x-ray said:
You can find the graphs here

[/ QUOTE ]
YMMV
I ran test with BB400 minimag and ARC LS 2AA last night on dynacharge 1800mah nimh batteries. Both remained in "bright" mode for about 150 minutes... which is nearly a full hour longer than those curves.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that's them, thanks!
The MadMax is VERY comparable to the BadBoy in these graphs, and even brighter.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Them's old graphs. They were for original versions of the Madmax run against the Badboy 500. The Badboy 400 never appeared on the graphs, but theoretically ran less brightly and for about 2 hours. Then the Badboy 400 Q3L came along. People speculated that its output would approximate the Madmax and Badboy 500, but I haven't seen graphs. Somewhere along the line the Madmax circuitry suffered an inadvertent specification change that somewhat dimmed its output but extended the runtime to as much as a reported 3+ hours. More recently, the Madmax+ has come out with more aggressive output than even the original Madmax design, attested to by 1 hr. 15 min. reported runtimes. Only a week or two on the heels of Madmax+ came Madmax+ w/ Q3x, which currently stands as Wayne's brightest sandwich.

These nights I'm running one of the Madmax+ w/ Q3x in a Brinkmann. It's noticeably brighter than any of my other sandwiches, including a Badboy 400 Q3L, though I'd have to pull out the meter again to verify by how much.

(edit) As for regulation, I can report that the Madmax+ regulates well on NiMH and falls out quickly when the batteries can no longer keep up. I base this statement on a couple battery cycles during which I compared the beam with a Badboy 400 Q3L from time to time. The Madmax+ beat the Badboy soundly with fresh batteries. The gap narrowed slightly as the batteries wore down, but the Madmax+ stayed noticeably brighter. The Madmax+ didn't match the Badboy's output until it was on the fast ride down as it started to fall out of regulation.