is this normal UI operation for a standard quark 123?

MstrHnky

Enlightened
i guess i expected this light to act differently than it actually does, and customer support is telling me that's this is normal operation.

here's how my standard quark 123 operates:

first full click, light turns "constant" on and performs as expected (soft presses cycle through modes). next full click turns it completely off. next full click (even after one minute has passed) gives you the "pre-flash" and now the light works when you soft-press the clicky and cycles through the modes. it will stay on a mode if you keep the soft-press down without fully clicking. next full click turns the light off. next full click gives you the "constant on" and expected operation of a soft press cycling through the modes. repeat from here.

This means that it acts as a "tactical" flashlight in that the extra, but useless to me, mode where only soft presses are required to turn the light on and cycle through the modes.

i just thought the light was either constant on of completely off. no "tactical" mode in between as described above. it's really annoying that i have to keep clicking through to get to the constant on.

is this normal?? if so, i'm glad i replaced my missing ex10 with an ex10 R2 and will be using it as my EDC, possibly selling the quark 123.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's how I understand the normal version to work.

I have a tactical Q123-2, and you have to program two modes. Head tight mode and head loose mode. Once you do that, you only get those two modes until you do the programming sequence again.

The tactical is a nice UI.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. If I understand your description correctly, your switch is not actually turning "on" for every other click sequence. I think you need a replacement switch, which is easy to install with a pair of small needlenose pliers.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I don't think the UI you describe is possible with a reverse clicky. Unless I greatly misunderstand what you are describing.