Looking for clever ways to carry SF e1e with KL1

LightChucker

Enlightened
I am interested in clever ways to carry a SureFire e1e with the KL1 LED head. I am looking for some way to carry the light other than in my pocket. Whatever the solution, I want it to be as small as possible. I already carry a hand-held computer, pager, and sometimes a cell phone.

Of course, I could clip it to my belt. There are two problems with that: 1) it will scar the belt, and 2) the lense would be facing up - I think it would look better facing down.

A metal clip like the one on my hand-held computer might work. In fact, I think I saw a post on the board where someone is experimenting with that idea. If so, what is the status?

Maybe someone has thought of a way to use a lanyard that hangs from the belt, but that would probably cause the light to bounce around as you walk.

Thanks,
Chuck

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Chuck,

If you have Levis or pants with thin belt loops, I think you will find that a mini-clip attached to a split ring on the pocket clip allows for a reasonable hang and carry. With Levis, I will clip the light to the front belt loop near the pocket and let the head and body of the light drop into the pocket with the tail out. This is comfortable for me and if I need to get into my pocket, I can pop the light out and let it hang while I am playing pocket pool:

clickie-installed.jpg

Don't ask about the black line......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

LightChucker

Enlightened
McGizmo,

I like the concept of the light hanging into my pocket. I don't wear jeans in my day-to-day travels, which means the pockets are cut vertically rather than horizontally. But, I might be able to adapt the idea using a chain or lanyard. I'll just have to experiment.

Thanks for the reply, McGizmo.

Chuck

dtsoll

Enlightened
Don,
or anybody else for that matter, where do you get the mini-clips? I want some of those and I can't find em. thanks. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
dtsoll,

Most of the guys get them from BerkeleyPoint.com .

You might ask in the B/S/T and see if anyone has extras now. There was a group buy not too long ago.

- Don

LightChucker

Enlightened
pahl,

I carry my E1e using the brass button and clip from the Sandwich Shoppe, or by using the Ripoff holster that is recomended for the stock E1e. (I forget the model#.)

Exception: the flap of the recommended Ripoff holster is a little too short to close with the KL1 head. My wife saved the day there by sewing a little extra hook-loop on the flap and sheath.

Chuck