KILLING MOSQUITOS!--NOW WITH CSI PICS!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the windows open with the weather being so nice lately.
Well quite a few mosquitos have found their way in here.

1WRX7 and myself were talking about bugs recently and he was telling me how the air rifle is great for killing spiders in the house.

While cleaning the other day I found my Powerline 1911 style air gun and a ton of CO2 cartridges..:naughty::devil:...

So far its 3 outa 3.

One was shot toward a wall from about 2 feet and is now stuck to it:D

Ones in the trash.

And one was shot, landed on the carpet and was still moving, so he got it point blank to tha dome!..BEEEEYOTCH!!:xyxgun:
To my surprise he expoded and left a blood stain in the carpet.:sick2:

I can take pics, but they're graphic:duck:

EDIT: Photobucket back up.

Heres the official CSI pics..

I think that his head next to the blood.

013-25.jpg

Stuck to the wall by the blast of air..

014-16.jpg

Blue Guts!!...His antenea were still moving when I took this pic!!..tough *******s!!

016-15.jpg

I think I'm going to go wander around the house with a flashlight and shoot all the lil batards I can find!!!

BTW...I am just using the compressed CO2 to kill them...no BB's in the gun:shakehead

I hate them!

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: KILLING MOSQUITOS!

The fact there's blood shows they started first. It's blood....your blood.

But watch your back, there might be a giant mosquito queen 10,000 times your size and carries an air gun.....

:laughing:

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

Putting some nitrogen in my Ion is going to make trips in the back yard much more fun.

Pictures now!

StarHalo

Flashaholic

An airgun isn't very flashaholic-like.. can a laser kill a mosquito?

My dad used to tell the story of a boring day at the camera store he worked at; the employees ran across a roach on the wall in the poorly-lit backroom, and came up with the idea of seeing what would happen if they covered it with a studio flash/reflector assembly and fired.. a moment after moving the reflector away, the roach falls stone cold motionless and dead to the floor, its brain most likely popped like a balloon from the optic overload..

Radiophile

Enlightened

I don't know if it would work well on mosquitos, but I've had great success killing gnats with a can of AquaNet hairspray and a lighter. Light the lighter at arm's length and pull the trigger on the hairspray aiming well above the lighter. POOF! Toasted gnats. Scared the hell out of my Mom and Sisters the first time I did it. Nice BIG fireball.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Not too many mosquito problems out this way, just scorpions. :sick2:

I've used some funny things to kill them over the years like shoes, heavy plastic fly swatters, books, rolled up magazines, the bottom of a 2 liter bottle of Coke, my boot on my foot...which accidentally crushed in my stucco and chicken wire near my front door. I once used an actual lead hammer because it was the only thing next to me in the garage. My all time favorite is brake cleaner spray and a bbq lighter. It works incredibly well outside. I think I'd prefer mosquito's though.

Keep up the kills Dafab.

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Photobucket is down...:ohgeez:

Pics will be up ASAP:nana:

Yes, I agree...they started it!

When I saw that blood in the carpet, I knew the killing was justified!!

There has been a nasty *** roach added to the murder list.

Saw him on the kitchen ceiling while cooking breakfast and shot him.:devil:

First shot caused him the fall the the tile floor.

Second shot blew him in half, exposing him blue guts!!...blue seriously!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Save some $$$, insert into a glass vial and attach to your M6. :laughing:

Norm

Retired Administrator
A quick health warning, blood can spread dieseas and you don't know who the mozzies have visited before coming to your house. :sick:
Norm

brucec

Enlightened
Have you ever tried these? It's basically like a tennis racket that's electrified at high voltage. There is no CSI because mosquitos literally explode when you hit them. My parents had one inside their lake house. Well, it didn't take too long for my brother and I to take the fight to the mosquitos by the shoreline. It was loads of fun.

http://www.electricflyswatter.net/

1wrx7

Enlightened
What I actually used to use was my paintball gun with no paintballs. Being .68cal the barrel was large enough to get good shot placement on all sorts of little bugs, and enough pressure to make them pop.

A few years ago at work we had some mice. I watched one of my co-workers chasing one with a hammer.... he got it:naughty:

Tim, did you try lighting up the roach with the UV light? I wonder how his insides glowed:thinking: BTW, I'm not a sadist. If they're outside I leave them alone, but if they're in my house they better not let me find them:devil:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats some lethal compressed air!

what kind of range go you get with just the air?

Crenshaw

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever tried these? It's basically like a tennis racket that's electrified at high voltage. There is no CSI because mosquitos literally explode when you hit them. My parents had one inside their lake house. Well, it didn't take too long for my brother and I to take the fight to the mosquitos by the shoreline. It was loads of fun.

http://www.electricflyswatter.net/

We have some of these, albeit the AA version, not D. For real entertainment, leave your house porch lights on for an hour at night, then wave this sucker through the cloud of flying insects to decimate them all. Fireworks! Bang, crack, sizzle!