Any Suggestions on a 2xAA or 2xAAA Flash light @ around $30 CAD ?

tetete

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm a student working in a restrant as a driver,

I some times need a flash light to see ppl's house number.

Any suggestions on a hand flash light around $30 CAD or USD?

2xAA or 2xAAA are all fine 2xAAA might be better since I got 2 AAA Eneloop not in use.

I live in Vancouver Canada, so some of the brand I might not be able to find in here

duboost

Enlightened
:welcome:

in that price range i'd suggest taking a look at Shining Beam and use the coupon code "CPFuser" for 6% off. Either the Romisen RC-N3 or RC-N3 II if you want a dual mode are good lights for the price and can run on 2xAA or 1xCR123. The Kingpower K2 may also be another 2xAA light to consider around that price.

Also right now at Light Junction you can get 12% off with the coupon code "CPFSAVE12" so you could get a Fenix E20 for $30.80 USD.

Or if you can spend a little bit more, I'd look at the Eagletac P100A2 from Flashlight Connection and you can get 5% off there with the coupon code "CPF"

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off :welcome:

For your budget and your needs, it's going to have to be the Romisen RC N3 II Q5 at shiningbeam.com (+10 for all previous references to this light), i personally own one and its a great little budget light.

It can be used as a 1xCR123 or RCR123 light and its very bright using RCR123s (which last in mine for about 45 minutes) but in this configuration its only got 1 mode.

It can also be used as a 2xAA light, i use mine with 2xEneloops and it is pretty darn bright too but of course not as bright as when its running on 1xRCR123. The low mode is useful to save cell life or if you dont want to ruin your night vision too badly.

And it uses a forward clicky, meaning you can do a 1/2 press without clicking fully to activate the light momentarily and also to change modes and fully click on when you reach the desired mode.

Since you already have eneloops, this should suit your needs. If you intend to use it in CR123 configuration, you can always get some RCR123s and a charger for not too much cash outlay and then can save on buying cells.

Lastly, seeing as how you have some eneloop AAAs lying around, swing on over to 4sevens and spend $15 (dont forget the 'CPF8' discount code) and get a Fenix E01 to use those AAAs in. That light will run for a really long time on a AAA. Its output is not bright and there's a slight purplish tint (only on white wall hunting, but in real life use its not that bad at all) but its enough light when its dark and you just need to see where you're going.

Of course you could just use the high mode to find the house number and low mode to walk up to the door (am assuming that you are doing deliveries) but hey, you're on CPF now, get with the program, get a BACKUP light :D and the E01 is a great backup light.

Last edited:

tetete

Newly Enlightened
WOW

what a warm community here

THX every one, I will definatly look in to the Romisen RC N3 II Q5

Is there any popular 2xAAA hand flash tho?

gunga

Flashaholic
HI there. No porpular 2 AAA, many 2 AA though (but for more money usually).

If you don't want to order online, I'm in Vancouver and have lots of AA lights kicking around, send me a PM and maybe I can help you out.

I have a few basic 1 AA and 2 AA lights available.

Last edited:

tetete

Newly Enlightened
holy moley, 4seven got free INTERNATIONAL shipping !!! too bad they dont have the Romisen RC N3 II Q5

BTW, does 2 mode means the there're two level of the light out put?

tetete

Newly Enlightened
Hi Gunga guess you can PM me your email, then i can reply using email instead of PM?

vali

Enlightened
holy moley, 4seven got free INTERNATIONAL shipping !!! too bad they dont have the Romisen RC N3 II Q5

BTW, does 2 mode means the there're two level of the light out put?

Yes. The brighter, the faster the battery drains. So you get a bright light with the option to change to "economy mode".

I agree with the RC-N3 option. I have a DX one with 3 modes and an older emitter and it is very bright for a budget one. The throw is not bad either. If you never saw a cree powered flashlight, you will be amazed.

BTW, why do you want a 2xAAA light? The E01 is small enough to use as a keychain, very rugged and the runtime should be around 8-10 hours at 10 lumen, wich is more than enough to walk around in dark places. Its a little beauty that everyone should have IMHO.

duboost

Enlightened
Flashlight Connection sells a Tank AAA which can be used as a 2xAAA or 1xAAA light. I haven't tried it yet, but I've been meaning to order one just to see how it is. But i agree with everyone else on the E01 being a very good choice for a cheap backup.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
glad you are enjoying CPF so far, though your wallet may cry in pain soon :D

I have bought about 5 Fenix E01s given 4 away and kept one for myself and everyone loves it, though they arent impressed with it at first but when its dark, it really shows it's utility, i'm thinking of getting a few more and hang one in each room of the house.

dont bother with 2xAAA lights, you wont need to with the Fenix E01, 11 hours runtime is more than enough

mfranke

Newly Enlightened
They don't get a lot of publicity, but I've been very happy with my TerraLUX 3C2AAEX lights, and they are within your price point. They make a less expensive version, the 3C2AA, which is also a nice light, and it sells for a few bucks less.

220 lumen rating, with a dimmer, tailcap switch, removable clip, and from what I've experienced, excellent build quality and good customer service from my seller (and, I understand from him, good service from TerraLUX as well). Comes with 2AA Energizers, and the battery life is good to excellent, as the first set I got lasted about 6 hours on high. I've since switched to NiMH 2500mAH Sony rechargeables, with excellent results.

I carry one every day in my pocket at work for inspection, and typically, it's too bright on the highest setting unless I'm looking at something distant.

Not a bad looking light, either.