HELP! Fenix tailcap issues

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I have a L1T v2.0 that I got for the simple user interface. I wanted to get a P2D body and P2D tailcap to use with the L1T head, so that I could power the light on a single CR123.

First, I bought a P2D body and tailcap from Lighthound, and the tailcap did not fit on the body, it wouldn't even screw on. I contacted Lighthound and he said that Fenix had recently changed the threading on the tailcaps... which didn't make sense to me because one would expect a P2D tailcap to fit on a P2D body, right? So I sent those parts back.

Then I went to the Fenix store, bought a P2D tailcap and body there (they only sell them together now so by this time I returned both of the parts I bought from Lighthound). Got them today. At first the tailcap and body felt loose, as if the threads weren't fitting as snuggly as they should. I put a CR123 battery in the light, and tried to screw the tailcap on, and the threads wouldn't lock up. The tailcap was too big and the body to small! The tailcap wouldn't screw on the body, and it would pop off when placed under tension from the spring! I looked at the treads on both parts to make sure they were not stripped, and indeed they where not, they just didn't match up with each other... again!

So, one can imagine my frustration. After all, how hard should it be to find a P2D tailcap that fits a P2D body? What's funny is that the L1T v2.0 head fit both bodies fine, while the parts that supposedly where made for each other did not fit!

Has anyone else had trouble getting spare body tubes for their Fenix lights that did not work as they should? This problem is so bizarre that it seems unreal to have happened once, what are the odds that it happened twice? I'd like to hear your thoughts, experiences, suggestions.

Thanks.

P.S. - I hate to ask (and run the risk of riding this roller coaster again), but does anyone know if a PD20 body and tailcap will work with the L1T v2.0 head? :grin2:

ImGeo

Newly Enlightened
I say go back to the fenix store (aka 4sevens), explain your problem, ask them to make sure it fits, and then send it to you. I'm sure they have extra parts lying around.

Coop57

Enlightened
The tailcap on my L1P failed after 3yrs of edc. Had to replace it. I've lost some confidence in clickies. Twisties seem more reliable.