Help EagleTac T100C2 MKII Not Working

Cparty27

Newly Enlightened
So my EagleTac T100C2 MKII just came in the mail today. I was super excited to add it to my bat belt and use it at work tomorrow so I charged up an AW 18650, popped it in the light, click, and nothing. I tried my other battery and still nothing. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Its a flat top battery and it looks likr it may not be touching the + contact. I stuck a little spring in there to try to bridge the gap and still nothing. Does anyone know how to contact the guys at EagleTac? I love my other EagleTac light, and I'm sure this one will be killer too, I just need to figure out why its not working.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried 2 x cr123?

So my EagleTac T100C2 MKII just came in the mail today. I was super excited to add it to my bat belt and use it at work tomorrow so I charged up an AW 18650, popped it in the light, click, and nothing. I tried my other battery and still nothing. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Its a flat top battery and it looks likr it may not be touching the + contact. I stuck a little spring in there to try to bridge the gap and still nothing. Does anyone know how to contact the guys at EagleTac? I love my other EagleTac light, and I'm sure this one will be killer too, I just need to figure out why its not working.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
If you have already registered your EagleTac light, head over to the EagleTac website and click on the "product support" tab on the left of the page. From there you can enter your information and submit your claim. I actually just dealt with EagleTac support and I can tell you, they are absolutely fantastic. I believe you will have no issues having your issue rectified in a short period of time. Ex: I had a small chip in the corner of my lens, the rep. I spoke with agreed to send me a new lens on their own coin as well as new O rings and shock absorbing insulation rings. EagleTac gets an A+ in my book :twothumbs.

vitekboi

Newly Enlightened
"Physical battery reverse polarity protection is also implemented to prevent reverse battery installation."

stick in a battery with a button top to see if it works first

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
currently, non of the EagleTac flashlights work with flat-top 18650 cells. You can try using a magnet at the +ve top to make the contact as Mev has done to his 18650 shoutout testing.
As kyhunter1 has suggested, you should try with 2xCR123A to confirm that the flashlight is ok, then you can decides whether you want to go the magnet route or button-top 18650 route. I personally lean towards the button-top 18650 as putting magnets on cells will add an additional point of failure to any flashlight.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Which AW 18650 has a flat top so I don't get one by accident?

Cparty27

Newly Enlightened
I tried CR123's today, and its still a no go. Maybe I got a first run bug? Either way its going back to the vendor, and as soon as I give them a confirmation # they ship me a new light.