What light compares to the Elektrolumens ft3c in size and runtime but much brighter?

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.

I used to have the Elektrolumens ft3c which uses 3 c size batteries has about a 12 hour runtime but only is rated at 72 lumens.

I like the size with 3 c cell batteries, I like the runtime, I like the one brightness with on and off, I like the option of momentary with the button, and like that you twist the end for constant on.

The only thing I don't like is that it's not bright enough.

Is there anything out there with those features like the ft3c but much much brighter with a farther throw? I don't need 12 hour runtime but atleast 4 would be nice.

Toaster

Enlightened
You may be interested in the upcoming Lumapower 2C Tool Light. It has about 3 hours regulated output at 200 lumens plus an additional half hour of tapering output on a pair of nimh C cells.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have got to recommend that you find an FT3C somewhere and have it modded to a Seoul P4. Wayne would probably do that for you. I still have my original and it is a great light, and that 72 lumens or so is very well delivered out the front with that nice 30mm optic. I never feel under lumened when I use it, and it lasts forever on 3 Alkalines.

Bill

chumley

Enlightened
I picked up a River Rock 2C Nightfire {I think that's what it's called} on sale a couple of months ago for $20. It has a cree led that won't outthrow the FT3C, but it puts out more light overall. I retired the Electrolumens light because the River Rock is shorter, lighter and brighter. The River Rock seems to be brighter for longer time because of regulation, the FT3C is direct drive. BTW, I bought a Ledlenser 90 lumen light at Home Depot for $40 that uses 3aaa batteries direct drive that will outhrow the FT3C, but won't have the long dimming tail that 3 c cells have.