EX10 problem - some help please?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did some searching but couldnt find an answer.

As per the title, i got myself a Nitecore EX10 Golden Dragon from the CPFMP, it's a great light, and feels incredibly robust and the Smart PD system is a cinch to operate (though i also like the IBS UI on my Jet II Pro).

But anyway, here's the thing, i read the .pdf manual on Nitecore's site and it says not to use lithium ion cells without protection circuits. I tried slipping in my Trustfire protected 16340s but when i screw the head down tight, the piston wont travel at all. I can use it as a twisty and in momentary mode but that's it, no ramping, instant brightness, instant low mode. darn

thankfully i have some unprotected cells as well as some primaries and when i compared them to the Trustfire cells, the Trustfire cells were distinctly longer. I'd like to use protected cells in these for safety reasons, does anyone know which cells fit?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have experienced exactly the same problem with the TF cells you mention. AW's RCR123 batteries fit perfectly well and the operation remains smooth. These are a bit shorter than the UltraFire's. :)

I have to warn you though that this may vary from specimen to specimen because my D10 does not accept AW's 14500 with which the light acts as you describe. :sigh:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply! That was quick AND helpful too, i have some soshine RCR123s and those fit fine but again unprotected :( ah well, paypal to AW then