Arc Flashlight Service...A Special Thank You~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
As with all "man made" things, every now and then there is a problem. Today, I received my new Candle Power Forums, triple "A" Arc Light. I was excited as the color was a strikingly beautiful maroon. However, when I installed the battery, my new light didn't work. Not even a flicker. I tried another battery and obtained the same results. The light doesn't work at all. I called Peter Gransee at Arc and explained the problem. He told me to send it back for a replacement. This, I expected. But several friends on the forums know that my wife is scheduled for some pretty rough surgery tomorrow morning. I simply can't leave her. I just don't have time to pack up the defective Arc, go out to Federal Express, and wait in a line to send it back. I explained this to Peter. (Stammered it out, really.) He was very patient with me. As you might guess, her having surgery of this type only one day after our 25th anniversary has made me quite nervous. After I got my point across, Peter softly said one thing~"In your case, we'll make an exception. We'll get another CFP Arc out to you today. Send the defective Arc back to us via Federal Express when you can". I told him that if the surgery went well, I could probably send the old Arc back to him next week while my wife's mother sat with her.
If this type of Customer Service isn't indicative of what a great company should be, I don't know what is.
Thank you Peter & Merri. Great people, great products, great customer service. All companies should take a lesson from this...it would be a much better world.

Will Mattingly ("Kentucky Rifle" on most all of the websites I visit.)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
This is the customer service we've all come to expect from all companies, since ARC has really raised the bar on what "keeping the customer happy is all about. Unfortuneatly, only ARC and a few others go out of their way like this.

By the way, good luck to your wife.

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
Will,

I don't know your wife's situation, but the tone of your post seems to indicate that it is quite serious. I hope you don't mind, but I have prayed for you and your wife and asked that the Lord's Grace would be upon you and your wife and that He would graciously superintend the surgery and grant the doctors wisdom as they perform their work.

OzMan

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
OK~A quick trip home to grab a bite to eat and feed & let the dogs out.
She's alive. After surgery this morning, her doctor came out and took me to a conference room. It was pretty bad. She told me that Nancy's ovarian tumors were worse than she initially thought. She removed pounds of "stuff" from my wife. Also a hysterectomy and both ovaries. My wife had her regular check-ups for years. The results were ALWAYS "small ovarian cysts". Between her last check-up and the most recent one, the cysts had turned into tumors and were absolutely huge.

Thanks for the prayers,
Will (KR)

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
Will,

So glad to hear the surgery went well and that your wife is okay. Thanks for the update.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Another quick update and on to the hospital to check on Nancy.
Unbelievably, when I got home last night there was a package on my porch. I could't remember ordering anything, but when I picked up the little package and looked at it~it was from Arc Light! I realize that I've lost sight of time here (53 hours and no sleep yet), but to receive another CPF deep maroon triple "A" Arc this quickly seemed impossible. Peter & Merri~if you read this post please realize that you have my deepest thanks and highest admiration. I'll get the other CPF Arc back to you as soon as I can leave Nancy alone for the 45 minutes it takes me to run out to FedEx and return home.

Still hangin' in there,
Will (KR)

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Last & BEST update~
Nancy came home yesterday! I want to thank everyone who prayed or kept a positive thought for us during this ordeal. I went over 70 hours without sleep, but I just couldn't leave her.
I have no idea why the "double posts" happened. Odd.

Gratefully,
Will

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will, you seriously need some sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif ,now you can dream about your lights while your wife is safe and sound. Hope she recover fast.
Vince.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Thank you *especially* again, Peter. Your company demonstrates the defination of customer service.

Nukiez: I'm trying to get back into "sleep mode", but it's difficult. My own physical shortcomings hurt pretty badly right now. However, I've discovered that "physical" pain is nothing compared to "mental" pain. I am RELIEVED! Last night, hoping for sleep, I reached over and grabbed both my Arc SE and CPF Arc and shined them on the ceiling. Even though the SE is a couple of months older than the CPF edition, there was no difference in "brightness". I'm looking for the single AAA MagLite I didn't carry because I thought it was too dim. I'd like to compare it with my single AAA Arc lights. I'll let you all know the results. (If I can find the MagLite.)

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.