P2D beat up tuning my truck

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
I decided to tune up my truck the other day, and my EDC P2D saw it's share of abuse. From being sprayed by PB blaster penetrating spray, to being dropped into the depths of the engine compartment. I wiped it clean with a water moistened paper towel, but feel that wasn't enough.

#1 I've heard that "detox-it" works well, but have no idea where to get it or what it is
#2 I have a can of automotive contact cleaner, will that work?
and
#3 should I replace it's o-rings since and switch boot I've (accidently) sprayed it with PB spray?

I really like my P2D and want it to last, so any hints will be helpful.

Thanks!!

apontes

Newly Enlightened
About #1:

The product is called DeoxIT, and you can find more info at www.caig.com. You can buy it at 4Sevens. Doubt it would be good for cleaning your light, though. I guess it has oil/grease on it, right?

jchoo

Enlightened
PB blaster is an oil, and the P2D should have good water resistance. I'd give it a bath, fully assembled, in warm water and dishwashing liquid (Dawn, etc.) and that'd be the end of it after re-lubing the o-rings.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Can't imagine the o-ring or switch boot would need to be replaced if not cracked or broken. Just wipe it down. A little grease won't hurt.

Geoff

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided to tune up my truck the other day, and my EDC P2D saw it's share of abuse. From being sprayed by PB blaster penetrating spray, to being dropped into the depths of the engine compartment. I wiped it clean with a water moistened paper towel, but feel that wasn't enough.

#1 I've heard that "detox-it" works well, but have no idea where to get it or what it is
#2 I have a can of automotive contact cleaner, will that work?
and
#3 should I replace it's o-rings since and switch boot I've (accidently) sprayed it with PB spray?

I really like my P2D and want it to last, so any hints will be helpful.

Thanks!!
I dropped one of my lights, it fell into the old oil of course! Clean it best you can, no oil got inside. I dont think PB spray will hurt it, brake or carb cleaner will though. O-rings should be fine. Water wont clean it. :thumbsup:

spikeytree

Newly Enlightened
Just wipe the light down with some paper towels and relube the o-ring. As a mechanic i had put my L2D through much worst stuff and it has never been affected by any of the shop chemicals. This includes brake clean, brake fluid, coolent and what ever else u can find in a shop. I just sometimes wonder how old school techs can work with with a less light.