T20C2 questions

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
Alright I'm getting this baby! :) But first:

Is the T1 series tail-standing tail cap compatible with the T20C2?
Is the holster tough enough for regular use?
Is it really regulated for 18650? I only use protected 18650s.
Do you guys think it will be compatible with accessories from other brands? Like fenix, for ex the fenix traffic wand? Not necessary, but will be nice

Buy or wait for the Mark II? It's gonna be a while until we see it :whistle:
:thanks:

PS: I didn't order just yet.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Holster would be fine if I could get the oring off that holds the tac ring inplace. If you want to use the holster you don't want to keep the tac ring and clip on.

Diffuser comes with the $80 model.

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
Thanks recDNA. I'm getting it with RGB kit. In fact, while you were writing that reply, I ordered it! :paypal::p:clap::sold: :D

I was going for the Fenix TK11 R2, with a bunch of accessories it would total around $88. But I went for the T20C2 w/ RGB kit for $97.97. It's the first time I've actually paid for optional insurance, other times it comes in the S&H.

:) happy and excited, It should be here ~ August 13

I can't find the tail standing cap for the T20C2, only the one for the T1 series. :(

MORE IMPORTANTLY: This will be my first real deal flashlight. How should I maintain it?

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
I can't find the tail standing cap for the T20C2, only the one for the T1 series. :(
MORE IMPORTANTLY: This will be my first real deal flashlight. How should I maintain it?
By T1 you mean T100, right? The T100C2/MKII tail-standing tail-cap can be used with T20C2.

To maintain it, first, drop it "accidentally" a couple of times... ... ... :crackup: just kidding...

ok... seriously, first thing you should do is check if all threading and o-rings are properly lube, if not, lube it! Next, check for excessive lube, wipe it off, especially inside the tail-cap. Remember don't over-lube.
A few places that I make sure I lube:
- Tail-threading and o-ring
- Head-threading and o-ring
- Reflector replacement threading (half-way thru the head assembly)
- Front threading (I lube the SS crenelated bezel thread coz it's more accessible)
- O-ring that protect the lens

hope this helps. :naughty:

Last edited:

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
No regulation on a 18650 on turbo, regulated on med. and low.

http://www.eagletac.com/specials/t20c2/t20c2_4.html

Aww that's too bad. Protected 18650s FTW! I only use 'em. Oh well, the seller I bought it new from threw in 2 Energizer Cr123s anyway. Thanks crockett :)

By T1 you mean T100, right? The T100C2/MKII tail-standing tail-cap can be used with T20C2.

Thanks. I emailed Jay at flashlightconnection.com, he said the same and I ordered it. Just $10.99 with shipping and CPF discount; worth it.

To maintain it, first, drop it "accidentally" a couple of times... ... ... :crackup: just kidding...

ROFLMAO :crackup: hahaha:twothumbs

ok... seriously, first thing you should do is check if all threading and o-rings are properly lube, if not, lube it! Next, check for excessive lube, wipe it off, especially inside the tail-cap. Remember don't over-lube.
A few places that I make sure I lube:
- Tail-threading and o-ring
- Head-threading and o-ring
- Reflector replacement threading (half-way thru the head assembly)
- Front threading (I lube the SS crenelated bezel thread coz it's more accessible)
- O-ring that protect the lens

hope this helps. :naughty:

Thanks it helps. :) I talked to Craig too about maintanence. "Remember kids don't over-lube" that's not exactly what you said but lol

Thanks everybody ;) It'll be at my door August 14! :D

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks recDNA. I'm getting it with RGB kit. In fact, while you were writing that reply, I ordered it! :paypal::p:clap::sold: :D

I was going for the Fenix TK11 R2, with a bunch of accessories it would total around $88. But I went for the T20C2 w/ RGB kit for $97.97. It's the first time I've actually paid for optional insurance, other times it comes in the S&H.

:) happy and excited, It should be here ~ August 13

The maintenance tip below was great so I have nothing to add.

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy your T20. I'm kind of jealous you got the colored lenses. I just couldn't think of any practical use of them. I'm not an outdoorsy guy so I'm not worried about my night vision in the woods. In fact my house is surrounded by woods and I've never gone out there in 20 years. Mosquitos, deer ticks, critters, not for me! My theory is if they stay in their "house" I'll stay in mine!

I really hate mosquitos and carpenter ants. Deer are OK but I'm always afraid of the ticks they carry. The ticks carry Lymes disease.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just hope the SST-50 bin doesn't make my T20C obsolete overnight.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bighter doesn't necessarily means better.

If you were in the lost, and you are given the chance to grab either a superbright P7 flashlight or a single led XR-E flashlight, both from a reputable high quality manufacturer, which would you get?

If I dropped my T100C2 from several ft high, it may get few dents but thats all, I know it won't break. But if I did the same thing to my M2XC4, I will have to proceed to a series of test to see if anything is broke or loose. I'm not saying multi led or quad die emitters flashlight are cheaply build, I just can't trust them enough to replace single die lights.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Bighter doesn't necessarily means better.

If you were in the lost, and you are given the chance to grab either a superbright P7 flashlight or a single led XR-E flashlight, both from a reputable high quality manufacturer, which would you get?

If I dropped my T100C2 from several ft high, it may get few dents but thats all, I know it won't break. But if I did the same thing to my M2XC4, I will have to proceed to a series of test to see if anything is broke or loose. I'm not saying multi led or quad die emitters flashlight are cheaply build, I just can't trust them enough to replace single die lights.

sst-50 IS single die

kenneth5

Newly Enlightened
i just got mine 2 days ago with rgb kit. i think its an insane light. i gave my cousin my old light (tiablo a9) and i think my t20c2 throws more light further. i could be wrong but from what my cousin and i saw... we think the t20c2 is brighter and more throwy. have fun with it.

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
The T20C2 did not work with my flat top 18650 cells. I think you need the button top version. Also, the UI isn't "true" tactical, but the light is super bright and throws exceptionally well.

Yeah, I use protected 18650s, specifically UltraFire if you're interested. The first unprotected I had failed so since then I only use protected. Protected 18650s FTW! :rolleyes: Anyways, true tactical ui? And yeah it's definetlley a nice little thrower! :twothumbs Only thing, the switch from 60 to 300 lumens is too fast for me to note the difference. There is, but w/e

Agreed! Same here. It's like we just got the T20C2, a product that is still pretty new, and bam! Out come the new brighter, better led bread. :laughing: :ohgeez: :mecry:

litetube

Enlightened
Every light you buy now is already obsolete.

Every light you buy in the next 1-2 mos. will be obsolete within 1 month after that. Thats the rules.

Hey, can other T20C2 owners take your light and while the light is on high or low thump the tail lightly on your palm. or place it firmly on a table tailstanding and tell me what happens? or even shake it up and down while on in high or low. :shrug::thinking:

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Hey, can other T20C2 owners take your light and while the light is on high or low thump the tail lightly on your palm. or place it firmly on a table tailstanding and tell me what happens? or even shake it up and down while on in high or low. :shrug::thinking:
nothing, absolutely nothing... :grin2: except it keep blasting the lights out.
what happen to yours?

litetube

Enlightened
HMMM,

Mine goes into strobe when I thump the tail or set it down frimly on a table when it is on. thump,jostle or set down on its tail firmly again and it switches back to constant on. I can keep going back and forth indefintely.

Anyone think this is a problem or have the same ting goin' on?

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
I think you got a 'special' switch. Do you have another tail-cap assembly to try? if you have T100c2, you can try swapping them.
Or you could try tightening the tail-cap retaining ring.

Vesper

Enlightened
Anyone think this is a problem or have the same ting goin' on?

Mine doesn't change from solid-on either. Even jostling/bumping the light and tail switch quite a bit. Nor from shaking it like a can of spray paint. Yours must be special. Lucky deal.

Latest posts