Anyone do the Fox Nat'l IQ Test

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Anyone do the Fox Nat\'l IQ Test

Managed to double my age plus a few points.

Twenty-four years ago I tripled my age plus a few points.

Would be on a slippery slope to senility if they weren't the same number..

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone do the Fox Nat\'l IQ Test

BBC did one of those a little while back too. 5 times my age plus three.

But no, not a genuis by a long shot. Heck, I can`t even spell it! More than I thought though, but maybe I cheated a bit....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I saw it on TV last night, and *almost* took the test, but I had other priorities, like CPF and pet rats and stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Last time I checked my IQ (actually, a psychologist did it), it was 132; I was 12 or 13 back then. It's probably lower these days, but I still ain't no idiot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Maybe not Mensa material anymore, but way up there no less.
You won't have to call 1-312-321-5365 (free tickets to the Jerry Springer show) with me around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

My wife and I took the test. 121 and 120. It was better than expected for both of us.
We were joking about maybe being a bit better than "Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel".

zmoz

Enlightened

Mine's 154. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

I don't know if it's an indication of how I might do but I can't even find the test. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

budlight

Newly Enlightened

I got 128 (2x age + 28). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif They said, "...we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist. The first thing we can tell you about that is you have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist."

That means I didn't do jack on the math questions. My admittedly weakest area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Then they asked for fifteen bucks to tell me more. Shouldn't they base their sucker pitch for money on your IQ score? (oops, maybe they did!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Here's a link to the test: Fox IQ Test

Mike-

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a 148 on different test online. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
budlight said:
They said, "...we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist....."

That means I didn't do jack on the math questions. My admittedly weakest area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They called me an Insightful Linguist as well but I aced the math questions so it's either random nonsense or else it's based on something else.
3 times my age plus 27.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
e=mc² said:
What's an eye que? Does it equal mc² ? Is it relative?

Perplexing.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice pic.
mc²instmc²in would be proud.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

budlight

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
GJW said:
They called me an Insightful Linguist as well but I aced the math questions so it's either random nonsense or else it's based on something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you call that fortune-cookie analysis? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I wonder how accurate it really is? There's a link on the results page called "History of the IQ Test," or something like that, which has some interesting background info.

UPDATE: I gave the test to wifey when she got home tonite and she scored a 133. It said she was a "Word Warrior" which gave her a good laugh. She HATES english (she was a math major in college). Perhaps the test has more entertainment value.

Mike-

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

I typicaly score somewhere between 135 and 150, usually in the low 140s

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

Mine said, "The world needs ditch diggers too, Danny" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

highlandsun

Enlightened

How did you hear about this? It must have been some SPAM I opened in my inbox. I took the test, got all the questions right, got a 144. Not very enlightening, really.

Tests like these that don't measure how long you took to answer aren't very insightful. I suck at "next pattern in the sequence" problems, but it said I had strength there. Sure I got the answer (lucky guess in one point) but they don't take into account that I spent at least 5 times as much time on those questions as on any others...

whiskypapa3

Enlightened

Just ook a different test than the FoxTV one (encore, see BudLight's post above) just to see how they compared.

It said I was an Anal Retentive. How does it know when I'm constipated.

One of my co-workers used to call me that too. But I just thought he could figure the state of my bowels as a side effect of being a royal Brown Noser...

budlight

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
highlandsun said:
Tests like these that don't measure how long you took to answer aren't very insightful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. When I took the self-administered Mensa test 25 years ago it had to be done within an hour (otherwise you'd be fooling yourself). I scored a lot better then but not nearly enough for membership. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Then, again, you should get credit for figuring it out correctly no matter how long it took simply because you solved a problem and are now able to proceed to the next challenge (just like life, except we more often proceed rather than solve problems).

Mike-

Brotherscrim

Enlightened

5 times my age +1

it's in line with every other test I've taken

ewick

Enlightened

"...we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Inventive Inquisitor.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you're equally good at mathematical and verbal skills and have a thirst for learning through experience. But that's just scratching the surface."

I'll be sending this to my mother. She hasn't had anything of mine to put on the fridge for a while... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif